Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

Redirected forum posts

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 09:42 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Redirected forum posts

For some reason, anything having to do with World War One aircraft models currently available are being redirected to the Vintage and Classic forum. It was my understanding that this forum was related to obsolete and no longer produced Model Kits, Engines and radio gear. This much of the way that S.A.M. Talk handles items.

I beleive that perhaps the title to the forum got misunderstood. Someone is now redirecting anything having to deal with a bi-plane kit advertised in the latest issue of some magazine into the forum. The forum had been a site to discuss dead manufacturers, and designers. Now it is getting to be a dumping place.

Wm.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Redirected forum posts

Because WWI aircraft would be considered both vintage and classic, it's understandable that this is where the threads are being relocated. It's also probaby the result of not have a specific forum for WWI aircraft.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:26 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But shouldn't WW1 planes either fall in the 'scale' or warbirds' forum? Maybe even the 'scratch builders' forum, depending on the actual subjet of teh post?

There are kits currently available for these planes, which are Scale reproductions of WW1 era warbirds. And some build these from plans; scratchbuilding these..

I understood the 'Vintage & Classic' forum as Coos did, for kits and planes that are out of production / really really old, and no longer supported.. Not because the original was from 1914..

By this logic, all pre '1980' models and planes would classify as 'vintage & classic'.... Including the Caps, the Giles, and the old styled trainers.. Even if the kit is still being produced?

If someone is asking how to build a particular assembly (upper left wing half..) of the new Balsa USA DRVII, where shoudl it end up?

now, that's a way to really fill a box!!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:30 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Want to discuss some of those old classic antique or vintage planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place."

just pulled this off the "Vintage & Classic" forum heading.

maybe re-worded to better explain what it contains?