Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FG triple rates switching

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12FG triple rates switching

Apparently erased triple rate switch programming for 2 switches: rudder switch and flaps. Tried online solutions, no help. Currently, both triple rate switches function like dual rate switches. Was working fine 3 yrs ago.
My ailerons and elevators are triple rates. On the dual rate page, with on/off selected, the ail/elev. position changes 3 times, like the respective switch. However, with rudder selected , the triple rate switch only moves 2 positions.Not sure if the switch is electronically functioning for the 3 positions.Curser will not move to 3rd position.Same issue with both triple position switch for flaps. Phone advice preferred.
thx
B

Last edited by skybuster97; 01-27-2021 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:23 PM

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I personally prefer to use conditions for rates, etc. Much more powerful

However triple rates are accomplished by first setting a maximum throw in the AFR menu. This becomes your highest rate
Then use D/R menu to set up the second and third rates for that function.
Set the switch so one way is highest rate, middle is your middle rate and the other direction is lowest rate.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:26 PM

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

This will help. 12FG works pretty much the same way

Old 01-29-2021, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your help. It appears that both my triple rate flap and triple rate rudder switches are intermittent . In both cases sometimes the 3 position switch would move the cursor thru all 3 positions/ off.on.off......and then minutes later the same 3 position switch would move the curser thru only two of the three positions..without me pushing any buttons. Same with the rudder switch. Presently both switches are working correctly, but I’m confident this will change, when I cycle the system on/off in the next 24 hrs. I will get this corrected.

Last edited by skybuster97; 01-29-2021 at 09:47 PM.