Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

S9001 servos now dual BB?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 10:05 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S9001 servos now dual BB?

Have the s9001 servos been changed to dual BB now???

I have had mine about a year and a half and none of them are dual BB, but I have replaced the lower bushing with BB myself.. not a hard mod to do..

servocity has them listed as dual BB http://www.servocity.com/html/s9001_...l_bearing.html

or is this just a misprint.. futaba site till shows only a single top BB.

Just wondering..
Old 01-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: S9001 servos now dual BB?

The Futaba S9001 servos have always had dual ball bearings on the final output shaft.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:35 AM
My Feedback: (1)

mine do not.. bronze on the bottom and ball bearing on the top.. I have since replaced the bottom bearing with a ball bearing..

the way i see this is it is just a single ball bearing and not a dual..

Why did these come this way then?? Why do the 2 sites list them differently? Futaba site listed as on ball bearing on the top but your saying differently..

Also the bottom bearing or bushing has room to move if you allow it to, which causes alot of play in the output shaft (about 1 mm extra space below the bottom bearing, about the amount of a thickness of a glowplug washer which I was thinking of using) . if you assemble it carefully you can remove the play but you have to watch pushing on the output shaft as this will push the bearing down onto the case futher and cause the play.. alot of slop in this design for a servo of this cost, I have seen $9 servos that fit so much better with less slop..

I can send pics if you like..
Old 02-19-2004, 09:14 PM
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Bax

The Futaba S9001 servos have always had dual ball bearings on the final output shaft.
Bax, please clarify, I also have seen 9001's with only 1 bearing and a bottom bushing. I'm not trying to be smart about it, I am just really curious. I would buy some more 9001's for my next 40 size project if they are dual BB now.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:43 AM

Hi Guys,

The Futaba website is correct, the S9001 have one bearing and the bottom is a bushing.

Evidently there is a misprint on Servocity's website.

I hope you find this information helpful. You can also reach our Futaba support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,
Krysta
Lead Futaba Customer Service and Programming Technician
Also you may want to check our Website at (http://www.futaba-rc.com)
Old 02-20-2004, 01:46 PM
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Krysta

Hi Guys,

The Futaba website is correct, the S9001 have one bearing and the bottom is a bushing.

Evidently there is a misprint on Servocity's website.
Thank you Krysta. However I would like to point out that not only does ServoCity have it wrong but Bax as well seems to be confused on the issue. I remember AMC being caught in an ongoing defensive during the discovery of inaccurate torque and speed data being published causing mass confusion.

Once again thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:13 PM

Hi Jim,

You are very welcome for the information.

Since I work here in the Service Center itself, I have access to not only the servos theirselves but full views and schematics of our product. And yes there is only one bearing in the S9001 servo.

Thanks again and have a great weekend, Krysta
Old 02-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We did more checking. I was getting my information from one of our online tech notes that stated the servo had dual ball bearings. After the reply, Krysta found that the servo does, indeed, have only the one ball bearing with a bushing.

The tech note has been corrected.

Sorry for my mistake.