Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NGH GT9 9cc Gasser!!!!

ORIGINAL: johnsh123

Hi,

came across this today

http://www.himodel.com/engines/NGH_9...plane_GT9.html

Just curious.

Not only curious !!!!

I know the factory is working hard in this project and many time ago.
Michael and his team has developped a new fuel supply system based on a Walbro carb, with built-in fuel pump and regulator system.
Now, this little jewel has a reliable operation, if you read the operation manual before and understand how to set-up .

Regards
Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 AM

Details are here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555659
Ready to run.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:09 AM

Hi,

ok, thanks for the link, this is the first I've heard of this engine.

From what I've read, my own knowledge is very basic, I thought that a petrol engine of this capacity was not a practical proposition.
Hope this eng proves this to be wrong, I only saw it about an hour ago and am getting more interested by the minute!

Cheers

John
Old 01-01-2012, 08:59 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Tel me how that little pump shown in the picture is built in.....The Cline regulator is smaller and exactly the same thing.....
NGH just took the pump part our of the carb to make it smaller,,,Nothing wrong with that, but calling it built in is not exactly true...[
And the Cline regulator is less than half the size and lighter, made of plastic with Walbro neede and seat...And about $50...
Anybody orders one might also get a carb rebuild kit, Walbro parts won't fit and we know what our reformulated gas does to diahphragms
Old 01-01-2012, 10:27 AM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Antique

Tel me how that little pump shown in the picture is built in.....The Cline regulator is smaller and exactly the same thing.....
NGH just took the pump part our of the carb to make it smaller,,,Nothing wrong with that, but calling it built in is not exactly true...[
And the Cline regulator is less than half the size and lighter, made of plastic with Walbro neede and seat...And about $50...
Anybody orders one might also get a carb rebuild kit, Walbro parts won't fit and we know what our reformulated gas does to diahphragms

We have tried the cline regulator, the perry gas pump on this engine, both parts together, and does not work.
With this special design , called oil fuel supply by the manufacturer, all test on stand and in the air are ok.
Sorry if my sentence is not true, but english is not my language. I've explained how it works in spanish, better than in english.

I've read time ago and periodically, in this forum and many others many people talking about the lowest capacity of an engine to run with gasoline.
Years ago the limit was 50cc, then 30cc, then 20 cc ..... and when some manufacturer shows to the market a good product , reliable, low fuel cost operation, and powerful, this people does not say 'i was wrong' ...... Why not a .56 gas engine ? I.M.O , maybe is better to try and then talk about ....

Best regards

Old 01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
My Feedback: (4)

The Perry pump is not the same thing at all, it's made for glow engines...The Cline works with crankcase pulses and should be OK if there;s enough crankcase pressure to operate it..
It woould probably work just fine if you used a glow engine type carb with a long tapered needle like a SuperTigre...
Old 01-01-2012, 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: mpascual

maybe is better to try and then talk about ....
You may well be right with that statement but have a close look at Michaels track record.
A lot of different enignes released through various dealers - all of which have major running issues that require further expenditure buy the end user to get them reasonable.

Now IF Michael was to fix the faults in his earlier products before releasing the next "new thing" to the public, or at least proving the product before they got released, he may have a better name around here.

My opinion is that Michael is so very aware of the ease in selling something new to the RC community.

"Oh look, it is new and it is "Shiny" or "Cute" - I must buy one just because.

Unfortunately that becomes unsustainable pretty fast. But It would also seem he has also discovered that a simple name change of a brand and he can start all over again.

Copying an idea that has been around for a while is not innovation - it is copying. I suspect that was where Antique was pointing towards.

Note to Michael Chow
Fix the issues with your other JBA / NGH / SK "designs" before copying something else and going to the next one.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:34 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: mpascual

Why not a .56 gas engine ? I.M.O , maybe is better to try and then talk about ....

I think the concept is good if it works well, but I would have to see some positive reports on this engine before I would part with my money. Micheals track record with small petrol engines doesn't inspire confidence!

Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Ropomond

maybe is better to try and then talk about ....

Copying an idea that has been around for a while is not innovation - it is copying. I suspect that was where Antique was pointing towards.

Note to Michael Chow
Fix the issues with your other JBA / NGH / SK ''designs'' before copying something else and going to the next one.
Hi,sure if any design is working good,there is no need to invent a new system.Michael never said he invented a unique system.He only said he could succeed to run such a small engine
with gas without risk of fuel supply starvation.(after several failed attempts).Just because he couldnt supply such a small walbro carb.As mentioned above the regulator/pumps already in market has a gooood pricing so he made his pump.
I am using and witnessing here many SK and JBA glow engines here since 2009.I have 6 JBA 56F glow engines flying frequently.Also many friends using them.
I always be happy with quality.Only weak point is SK type carb.They are not an OS carb but at that price that quality is great.I am torturing all of my engines and all running without complaint.I have OS 55 equivalent(maybe better) glow engines only for 1/3 price.(Meaning JBA .56F glows).
You are right on JBA gas engines but I think you know,there happened an unfortunate personal clash and Michael has to leave.So JBA gas engines couldnt have any chance to improve. JBA factory
now is closed(I hope Michael could have a deal with them to go on in cooperation).
Several of my friends bought NGH gas engines here.When I can have them to fly then I will give reports and videos here.Break in runs were great.
PS: JBA F type glow engines have different carbs and much better than SK type carbs.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:02 AM

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Plus 1 on Ropomond's comments. My JBA required a new conrod, under warranty, and a carb and muffler replacement under Mastercard.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:25 PM

sorry for JBA problems, in fact, No one knows the reason I left from JBA, it was a hard thing, i did my best to keep JBA, but it is very difficult at that time, and then I left, I do not want to see JBA quit just left.
the real for Chinese glow engine is difficult to make a good carb match glow engine, We really cannot make a good carb like OS in China, so the quality is not good but it is ok, and then as the reason of the exchange rate changed, it is a very hard situation for making glow engine, this is why we can see just SY company  in China make glow engine,
I think most people do not know how difficult to make a good engine in China, many people do it but just gas engine, because making gas engine is easy to do as Walbro carb supplied. the real difficulty on engine is CARB. and it is difficult to get less profit from engines, so the bad situation make someone to try to get Quick-cash.
as my honest, I am not just change a logo, TO make a good engine is my dream+ job+ hobby+enthusiasm.....
although JBA is none of my business now, but I love it, and want to keep it alive, and try to find a partner to keep the JBA business on to service it. yes I am not need to do this, but I do not want to escape the responsibility.
please do comprehend and tolerate!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: michaelchow

sorry for JBA problems, in fact, No one knows the reason I left from JBA, it was a hard thing, i did my best to keep JBA, but it is very difficult at that time, and then I left, I do not want to see JBA quit just left.
the real for Chinese glow engine is difficult to make a good carb match glow engine, We really cannot make a good carb like OS in China, so the quality is not good but it is ok, and then as the reason of the exchange rate changed, it is a very hard situation for making glow engine, this is why we can see just SY company in China make glow engine,
I think most people do not know how difficult to make a good engine in China, many people do it but just gas engine, because making gas engine is easy to do as Walbro carb supplied. the real difficulty on engine is CARB. and it is difficult to get less profit from engines, so the bad situation make someone to try to get Quick-cash.
as my honest, I am not just change a logo, TO make a good engine is my dream+ job+ hobby+enthusiasm.....
although JBA is none of my business now, but I love it, and want to keep it alive, and try to find a partner to keep the JBA business on to service it. yes I am not need to do this, but I do not want to escape the responsibility.

Michael:

I know you're honest.
Keep working for the RC world.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 AM

I'm pretty excited about this engine! I'm going to start shopping for an airframe for it :P
Old 01-03-2012, 11:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: michaelchow

the real for Chinese glow engine is difficult to make a good carb match glow engine, We really cannot make a good carb like OS in China, so the quality is not good but it is ok, and then as the reason of the exchange rate changed, it is a very hard situation for making glow engine, this is why we can see just SY company in China make glow engine,

Michael:

I know you're honest.
Keep working for the RC world.
+1 both of you keep working for the RC World.I got a feeling all us engine lovers are somewhat alike! Capt,n