Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Bad ZDZ Ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 06:52 AM
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad ZDZ Ignition?

OK, I need advice, I have just had my second Falkon Ignition system go out on a ZDZ 80RV.[] I am using a 4.8- 2700 NIMH battery, and a HD switch. The Module is mounted with rubber bands on the side of the firewall with a 1" foam back pad. It is on the opposite side of the exhaust port away from heat. RC Showcase has been great in the past with there 30 month warranty and have replaced it without hesitation, I'm sending the ignition back today, and we will see what happens this time. Question, WHY, Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have talked to several members that like me, love these engines, the more they run the stronger they get, they are not having any problems. But two Ignition modules in less than 3 months ? AM I doing something wrong or am I'm snake-bit ?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:51 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad ZDZ Ignition?

check your battery/ switch and anything else you have b/w the ign. and battery.

I thought I had the same problem w/ my DA 100 and put the ignition from my 150 on it and for some reason it worked for 1-2 flights and then started dropping a cylinder again. Anyway, the problem wound up being a bad switch that was not giving a constant current when the engine was running and vibrating. Worked fine for about 250 flights, I guess I just wore it out.

just my $.02