Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Ignition Battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition Battery

I have a C&H ignition system for my Brison 3.2. I noticed on C&H web site that you can use a 4.8 or 6 volt battery to power the Ignition. Is there any advantage of using a 6 volt verses a 4.8 volt? Is NiCad a better choice than using NiMh ?
Thanks for any advise
Old 10-10-2004, 06:09 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ignition Battery

Stay with the 4.8v battery. Just as in plumbing, a larger pipe permits a faster flow rate, depleting the barrel sooner. A 1,400mAh 4.8 battery will last all day on a Brison 3.2. I know this since I have two of them.

Any advantages between nimh and nicads will only be in weight penalties. If you need nose weight, as most often do, use the nicad. You can also charge a nicad faster than you can a nimh. Bigger nicads weigh more, obvoiusly, so you can do some playing here. If you don't need the weight, use whatever.

Personally, I don't like taking everything out of a plane that's been completed and re-locating it to change a c/g if desired. I just change the size and weight of the battery for the ignition more often than not. You try to get as close as you can with the c/g during construction or assembly, but it doesn't always end up as planned.