Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA 50 new CON rod

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA 50 new CON rod

It turned out in a German forum, that the new DA50 bears steel con rods instead of aluminum ones. The importer offers to replace the old rods. Has there been any information from DA, that the aluminum conrods need to be replaced? Have there been any broken ones?

Chris

Old 11-22-2004, 02:43 PM

Default RE: DA 50 new CON rod

Why aren't you studying instead of worrying about your DA-50?
paul
Old 11-22-2004, 03:14 PM
My Feedback: (4)

I will never understand why someone would ask for advice about an engine on a forum, instead of just calling or E mailing the manufacturer...You think hearsay advice from someone who has, in some cases, never even SEEN the engine, is better ? Yeah, right.. Some guy knows someone who heard from his brother in law who knows someone else that brand (insert engine) is no good, heavy, vibrates, has no power, falls apart, ETC....
Best source of knowledge about the DA 50 is Brian at DA..He has been assembling and flying these ever since they were conceived..If he doesn't know about the DA 50 there is no one in the world that does...PERIOD.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:55 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there must be something wrong with the old conrod, because they are replacing it. he probaly came to the forum instead of asking Brian because he wanted an answer from someone who has nothing to gain from the sale of a DA engine-or from someone who has money to lose when they have to do warranty work.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:32 PM
My Feedback: (4)

There probably is a weakness, some went bad, some didn't..Dave or Brian would be the first to admit it....Anyone out there that thinks Dave would hesitate to cover something under warranty because of loss of money is very much mistaken...ALL manufacturers have problems that can't possibly be foreseen, hence the warranty...Desert Aircraft is one of the very top companies with regard to warranty repairs..If a part is causing problems it will be made better..It's called continuous product improvement..More companies should pay attention...[8D]
Did anybody PAY for the new rod ? I think not....[8D]
Old 11-25-2004, 12:05 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know a lot of people that use DA engines, and I have talked to a lot more. In all of them I have never, never, EVER heard or seen anything negative about the level of customer service and product support at DA. NEVER!

I am a tried and true Brison user, but if I ever had to make another choice, it most certainly would be with DA. As for the rod issue, so what if they are steel. If there is a problem and it is being resolved, what's the problem?

Pat
Old 11-25-2004, 12:24 AM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe it is titanium -or unobtanium or drop forged plutonium.
If it is of real concern - just call DA as suggested.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:04 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Nah.....it's ferro-impervium.
My favorite alloy.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:40 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i read that DA has real good service. i wish every business was like that, including those that are not in the rc business.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:47 AM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ferro -impervium?
phooey
that stuff is no better than iron
The beauty of drop forged plutonium 235 is when you make the mass large enough
Old 11-25-2004, 12:36 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Mrbigg, DAs product and service is so out standing, I have nothing else to compare it to. I feel like I am part of their family and I owe them a lot. I have burned one hell of a lot of fuel through DA engines this year, and plan on doing the same next. They make strong engines that put up with my flying style and frequency.
If and when there are problems, DA is going to be there, period. Top shelf company and unmatched!

Joe Kelley[8D]
Old 11-25-2004, 03:48 PM
My Feedback: (40)

The only thing I have ever known to be manufactured from UN-OBTAINIUM is the BME 55 XT and man has it been a BEAST

Call DA and talk to Brian or anyone else that picks up the phone.... THEY ARE ALL GOOD PEOPLE THERE and their service is 2nd to NONE