Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

New ys 140DZ problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 07:23 PM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New ys 140DZ problems

I have been a ys user for over 10 years and have a lot of faith in their motors but i recentily bought the ys 140 L and the DZ after running the l for 2 gallons of fuel the cam gear broke and crank was replaced by ys performance i then installed the DZ and it ran flawless for aobut the first gallon of fuel and then all of a sudden the motor seized and quite in the air . I turned the prop shaft over and all you can hear is a knocking noise like the rod or crank is broken called ys performance and explained the situation on the DZ they made arrangements to send me a new motor no questions asked. Rich said he couldnt figure out why i was having so much trouble with the 140s i use a Hyde mount which absorbs vibration and heli fuel 25% nitro and 24% oil SIG brand Rich suggested i might want to try and use cool power heli it is a must to use the heli type fuels in the new DZs i know that info comes with the instructions on the dz models I am wondering if the hyde mount since it absorbs the vibration and the vibration is absorbed by the motor and not the airframe it that is the problem i have run numerous 120s without a vibration mount in the past and never had any problems i know they save on the airframe but i wonder if they are causing the problem with my motors ?? I talked to Ys about this and they didnt think that was the problem i used apc 18/6 wide blade props on both motors Any Comments apprciated I forgot to mention that the first time the dz went back for repairs was for a blown head shim which some how got installed crooked and caused a major compression leak
Old 09-28-2002, 02:00 PM

hi bruce
18/6 is small for dingo and oil content should be 20%. rpm never exced 9.000. best is 16/12 or 17/10 wide apc
ys recommend a soft mount because dz140 make a lot of vibration
we in italy use dingo on ys softmount and never broke the crankshaft(you must use also another softmount)
regards mirco YS-Mobby italy
Old 09-28-2002, 03:35 PM
BAS
My Feedback: (28)

I am using the wide blade apc prop it is not turning excessive rpms according to ys performance they are recommending on the Dingos to use heli 24% oil not 20% Will have new motor coming from Central Hobbies Monday the reason i use a wide blade 18'6 is because i am not looking for speed i hover alot and the 18/6 wide slows the plane down nice for landings the props you suggested sound way to high of a pitch and the plane would not fly scale at all. thanks for info