Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

where to buy gas engines online?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy gas engines online?

Hello and thank you in advance for answering.

I love to get into this gas engines, but since I am kinda of on a budget, I was wondering where you guys buy your gas engines from. (while on this topic, which sites sell planes for gas engines, as I searched tower hobbies but they mostly have glow planes.)

Also if you could just give me some recomendations as to which of the smallest ones are the best and most reliable ones.

Sincerely yours,

Reza. (p.s forgive my bad english)
Old 05-15-2005, 09:44 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: where to buy gas engines online?

Look at RC Showcase website, they have US, Quadra (same company), ZDZ, and Roto. You can also go to each mfg website, and there are several sites that sell conversions (weedeater engines), either as do-it-yourself or complete. Carr Precision is one of these--www.carrprecision.com
Old 05-15-2005, 10:16 AM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Also look at ChiefAircraft.com

Old 05-15-2005, 10:43 AM
My Feedback: (25)

FatBoy123,

Good to see there is modelling in Iran!!! I guess this is a truly universal hobby!

I agree that Chief Aircraft and and RCShowcase are some of the best places to buy engines... BUT... since you are a budget I would watch the RCU marketplace for a good deal on a used or new-in-box engine. You can often find them for 2/3 of their new value and they've never been run!!! Often people will shy away from shipping overseas because of the cost and hassle... you will likely have to pay for shipping yourself. Brands... personally I have only flown and like DA and ZDZ. I hear good things about 3W, BME, etc. Stay away from Fuji, Quadra, etc. The Zenoah engines are very reliable, but VERY heavy.

As for a good small airplane... I like the WildhareRC airplanes. I don't really fly anything smaller than 84"... usually anything smaller in a scale airplane doesn't fly too well with a gas engine. You can get an ugly stick type airplane that would be suitable for a 24cc motor... something like the Hanger 9 UltraStick. Those seem to be fairly popular online, but I have not seen one in person.

Hopefully some else has some more input on the airplanes... I wasn't too much help there.

Anyway, good luck and enjoy! You will love gas!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look around [link=http://mvvs-nl.com]my shop [/link] if you are not into converted weed whackers.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:35 AM

Hello again, and thanks for all your answers.

I will take my time to go over all the websites you guys have mentioned to get my knowledge up.

To "SILLYNESS" ... thanks for your post, it's actually not big here in IRAN as it is totally banned (as is everything else I suppose) so I'm kinda enjoying my hobby ILLEGALLY. As for the RCU marketplace, I know what you mean, but like ebay, the guys who are selling will not be able to accept internationally issued VISA card, they want a paypal account which I can't open.

Anyway thanks again for all the wonderfull advise, and I'm sure to ask more questions from you wonderfull gentlmens.

Cheers. Reza.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:19 PM
My Feedback: (25)

Reza... that sucks man. Hate to hear they don't want you flying.

Don't get caught!

Cheers