Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

MVVS 1.6 Tuned pipe on a G-26?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 03:13 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS 1.6 Tuned pipe on a G-26?

I've been looking at the numerouse posts on gasser tuned pipes. Have not yet seen anyone try the MVVS 1.6 tuned pipe sytstem on the G26.

Anyone know if the header bolt pattern is close enough to mount to the G26?

The System is reletively inexpensive compared to the Mac pipes and headers. Though a bit long in length, its not an issue for plane like the UltraStick120.

If I am going to replace the stock can muffler for something quieter, It may as well add performance too.

Alfred
Old 05-26-2005, 04:01 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MVVS 1.6 Tuned pipe on a G-26?

no!
i got the g26 and tried to put the simple mvvs muffler - no fit!
the mvvs muffler screw holes do not align together with the g26 block!

try at BB or j&A they make all kind of mufflers
gadix
Old 05-26-2005, 04:15 PM

Thanks GADIX. Well at least I now know they don't directly bolt up.

What was the bolt pattern difference? Pipe too narrow? Too wide? Exhaust port opening?

I sort of suspected that they wouldn't directly bolt together. Now just hoping that perhaps some modification could make them work.
The price on the MVVS pipe system is the least expensive I have found. Would be great to make it work.

Alfred
Old 05-26-2005, 04:19 PM
My Feedback: (19)

I think MACS products has a header for the G-26...and I have a brand new MVVS pipe that I would part with cheap.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:36 PM

Thanks blkbird68. I since I took you up on the pipe offer, I can't wait to get it see about adapting it to fit the G26.
Still looking for a good deal/price on a new or built Ultra Stick Lite. But time is running short and I may just end up ording one at the common retail price of $250 +shipping.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:49 PM
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: arrio

Thanks blkbird68. I since I took you up on the pipe offer, I can't wait to get it see about adapting it to fit the G26.
Still looking for a good deal/price on a new or built Ultra Stick Lite. But time is running short and I may just end up ording one at the common retail price of $250 +shipping.
Since the MVVS header is steel, it should be easier to weld than an alum. or stainless steel header so you might be able to graft a homemade flange to the header pipe in order to adapt it to the G26 without to much difficulty.

...also I didn't have a box it would fit in for shipping, so it will be Monday before it goes out. I will pm you the tracking # Monday afternoon.

Dan
Old 06-03-2005, 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: blkbird68
Since the MVVS header is steel, it should be easier to weld than an alum. or stainless steel header so you might be able to graft a homemade flange to the header pipe in order to adapt it to the G26 without to much difficulty.

...also I didn't have a box it would fit in for shipping, so it will be Monday before it goes out. I will pm you the tracking # Monday afternoon.

Dan
Dan, I got the Tuned Pipe Thursday. Looks great! Thanks.
I compared the manifold to the G26 exhaust port and found that it is pretty close. Some patient filing on the outboard sides of the bolt holes would bring the opening out to match the Zenoah. Then drill the manifold bolt holes to fit the G26 bolt diameter. The Pipe manifold holes are smaller. It is hard to drill an existing hole offset to one side. Thats why I will file/elongate the hole first.
The ID of the steel manifold flange could use some cleaning up of the welds and a little reshaping of the opening to more perfectly match the G26. A dremel with a stone will work nicely for this. The width of the manifold opening is very close if not perfect, but just needs the ends of the oval squared up a bit to more closely match the G26. The hight of the oval is not an exact match, about .015" difference, but close enough, and not a lot of area to work with to maintain gasket sealing. The pipe could actually be used without the port matching and just matching the bolt holes.

This motor and pipe will be going on an Ultra Stick Lite 120. (now being assembled) I mounted the motor at 45 degrees to put the pipe down the lower right side of the fuselage. (looks cool)
The motor is new, so I will be using the stock muffler for a couple gallons or so to get it broken in and needles set. Then I'll install the Pipe assembly.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:03 PM
My Feedback: (4)

On page 10 of the instructions that came with the engine it says
"No specific break-in of the engine is required...
The engine is gradually broken-in as it is used and the output is also gradually increased.
For checking the whole conditions of the airplane, boat, and helidopter, it may be better to operate the engine at slow RPM for 1/3 tank and mid-high RPM for 2/3 tank"...
Think maybe they know what they're talking about ? They DID design and build the engine