Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah G62 Smoke

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:09 PM
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah G62 Smoke

I just got me a g62 to put on a giant areomaster Bipe. I have a couple questions about getting this thing set up. #1... Where is the best place to inject the smoke oil on this engine? I did get a pitts style muffler for this but it only has the one nipple for gas tank pressure. My second question is about the gas oil mix. I've heard synthetic is the way to go but I'm open to whatever works good. What mix ratio do I need and what brands are recommended?? This is my first gasser so it should be fun.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:52 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Zenoah G62 Smoke

Hi You Don't Use Tank Pressure On A Gas Engine The Nipple Is For Smoke As For The Oil I Use Bel-Ray Mixed At 32to1 In Mine
Old 06-16-2005, 06:47 AM

Hey Keyserman. Take care about nipple for gas tank pressure, in gas engines you don't use this. Gas engines literally spits fire by the scape, if you connetc it to the tank, you are creating a bomb! I have one Zenoah G62 and I put a nipple for smoke oil on the side turned to the firewall, little bit lower than the level of the exit from the cylinder (entrance of the muffler). In fact, the muffler will burn any oil inside, practically don't matter where you inject it, but give preference to install it near to the cylinder exit. Other tip, use a long nipple and metalic holders (Dubro stile) to keep tight the oil hose.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:48 AM

There is no pressure used on a gas engine. The nipple is for smoke fluid. I use Amsoil at 80 to 100:1. Works great, breaks in easily, and runs clean.

Dr.1
Old 06-16-2005, 10:01 AM

Hey, thanks for the quick come backs guys. It shows you what I know about gas engines, huh? I think the bomb thing might be a real show stopper at the field though
It was mentioned to use a long nipple or metal connector. Will neopreen hose hold up to the heat for the smoke? I'm also using tygon hose throughout the system for the gas. It seems kind of stiff. Is there a better choice? I've had to put hose clamps at every joint. Oh, the bomb thing brings up another question, since I now have the line that I was going to connect to the muffler to presserize the gas tank.....Do I need to plug it after filling the tank or does it just stay open as a vent? Thanks again.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:49 AM
My Feedback: (58)

Hi Keyserman, You just vent that line out the bottom of your plane. I usaly put a loop back to the rear of the tank to keep gas from leaking when picking up plane. I tape the vent line to the top of the tank. Hope this dont confuse you and helps. You have to vent or you could not fuel the plane. Wayne M.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:18 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. neopreen are excellent for the oil system.
2. get a 40cm capilar cupper wire 1/8 size diameter and warp it arround one of the pitts exh outlets and than connect an addtional neopreen to the nipple, this way you make sure that the oil gets hot before it inters the exh - it will burn better and youll get a butifull showstopper smoke!!!!!!!!

gadix
Old 06-16-2005, 11:25 PM

Thanks for all the help. I have one other question for you zenoah guys. This engine is used and has a rather large nipple on the exhaust port side of the motor. It is located just below the split between the jug and the lower part of the engine if the jug were on the top side. I'm not sure if it is stock or not as I don't have the owners manual. What is it for?? If anyone has a clue let me know. Thanks
Old 06-17-2005, 02:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It is not stock. It sounds like someone installed a nipple on the case to take pulse for a carb. Zenoahs normally take their pulse through the carb mount though...
Old 06-17-2005, 03:36 AM
My Feedback: (2)

heres the manual!
read it! twice!
than you'll be much better!

gadix
http://www.zenoah.net/
Old 06-17-2005, 07:47 AM
My Feedback: (84)

The nipple below the exhaust port is for pulse preasure. It was most likely used to run a smoke pump like a B&B unit. If so it should be an extra large one, 1/4". It could be utilized for any thing requiring pulse drive though.
look here;
http://www.bennettbuilt.com/smoke.htm
to check out the B&B smoke system. I just did one. Haven't used it yet. I'm finishing up a Byron 28% Extra.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:49 PM

The smoke pressure is the probable use as it is about a 1/4" nipple. I already have a TME smart smoker installed in the plane as I've had great luck with them on my four strokes. So I guess I'll just cap this off for now. Thanks loads.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:15 AM
My Feedback: (51)

keyserman, can you take a digital photo of the pressure fitting location on the G62 and either post it or send it to my email addy? I have a G62 that I bought a few months back and am in the process of putting it on a plane now, I would also like to put smoke on it. I am looking into the Bennett smoke systems and need a 1/4" fitting and also need to know where to tap the engine to install it. Thanks, [email protected]