Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Help identify this engine please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identify this engine please.

I won this engine off the net and didn't get much information about it. They said it was a Sport twin 240 2-stroke gas engine.
I've attached a picture of it, and the engine is made in China and the only names I see on it are "Walbro" on the carb, and "YUHE" on the cylinders.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	32435_13938.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	20523  
Old 10-26-2002, 02:06 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default Yuhe

Looks like the one I set up...It was new in the box..I took it completely apart and cleaned out the old hardened grease it was assembled with, and surfaced the cases so there would be no leaks..It ran well, but don't remember the prop size..The con rods have removeable caps with no rollers, so don't try to use fuel without at least 18% oil..Regular glow fuel will be fine..Red Max with all castor would be good..It's very smooth with good transition...Probably a 20-10 prop..I have the twin to it here..I'm going to take this one apart and do the same things and then put ignition on it....The pullley on the hub is for a rope to start it with..Not needed, it starts fine......
Old 10-26-2002, 02:29 PM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

Default Whats it??

Its the infamous Twin Star. It was sold in the the late 80's and early 90's. It was a throw away target drone engine made in China.
It was so bad it came with two sets of rings, after you wore the cylinder round you were supposed to change rings.
If it runs fly it, if it doesn't spend as little $$ as possible on your PRIZE.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:49 PM

Default Help identify this engine please.

Hey thanks for the info on fuel and everything. Another thing is I assume this is a 2.40 size engine. Or 24cc am I right or wrong? I want to know because I'm trying to figure out a good plane to put it in. Oh and any info on what would be a good muffler for it?