Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Smallest Cheapest Gas Twin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 01:54 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smallest Cheapest Gas Twin?

Hi Guys, Can you give me an idea of what may be smallest and least expensive "twin?" I am guessing at a Fuji or something. I have a project up my sleeve and i guess I must scarifice quality (BME, DA) for size

Old 04-01-2006, 04:35 PM
tkg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smallest Cheapest Gas Twin?

Smallest Tarten 50cc, 3w older engine 48cc., 56cc now. Twin cylinder and cheapest don't fit in the same sentence.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:23 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

Hi Guys, Can you give me an idea of what may be smallest and least expensive "twin?" I am guessing at a Fuji or something. I have a project up my sleeve and i guess I must scarifice quality (BME, DA) for size

-----------------------

RC Showcase had a twin that was really inexpensive at $450. This was on a special sale. I can't remember the model description. It may come to me. I had one for a while. It wasn't very large and it was pretty.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:01 PM
My Feedback: (264)

The engine is a RCS 44cc B2 imported by r/c showcase and built by moki. I bought one of the last ones they sold. I have not run it yet. This engine uses two of the RCS 140 cyliders, so the engine is very compact. The engine has a six bolt hub and swings a 20X10 prop. You can see it at the MOKI website.
I am willing to sell mine as it is just taking space on a shelf. It has a pair of new bisson mufflers, ignition, mount, prop drill jig, paperwork, all new.
Email me if you want to make a deal on it.
[email protected]

Mike
Old 04-01-2006, 08:54 PM
My Feedback: (30)

The RCS-44 twin is very close to the same width and weight as the 3W-48 twin. The 3W-48 twin is significantly more powerful. The RCS-44 I used to have turned a 20 x 8 at 6700 rpms while the 3W-48 which I still have turns a 20 x 10 at 7500 rpms.

If you watch RCU, sometimes a 3W-48 can be purchased for $700-750

Elson
Old 04-01-2006, 09:11 PM
My Feedback: (4)

There are two different 3W 48 twins..the first had a rotary valve intake, later changed to reed valve...I had the first version, can't remember the prop and rpm....
The rotary valve was a little hard to start, the pulse leaked a little...No such problem with a reed valve...
Old 04-02-2006, 12:01 PM
My Feedback: (5)

I bought one of the RCS44B2 twins when it was on sale. I still have it and fly it in an 84" Fly Baby bipe. It flies the airplane very realistically.
The head is too thin and too soft. Save yourself some trouble and install a helicoil before the plug blows out of the head
Old 04-02-2006, 12:40 PM
My Feedback: (4)

There was a Chinese company showing some engines at the Ontario AMA show...A small twin and a flat four...No prices, maybe they will be at Toledo
Fit, fee, and finish were outstanding...I think the twin was 57cc and the four was two twins, 114cc...
Nicest looking Chinese engines yet, CNC machined cases...
Seems like the name was Melody...