Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
 Gas Engine similar to a O.S. 0.90 four Strokes >

Gas Engine similar to a O.S. 0.90 four Strokes

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Gas Engine similar to a O.S. 0.90 four Strokes

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Engine similar to a O.S. 0.90 four Strokes

Need some help to find a Gas Engine that have the shape of a RCS 140 gas engine, but have the same power of a glow O.S. 0.90 4 stroke engine.I would like to put a gas engine in my 1/5 sig J-3 piper cub.
Best regards
Lipi
Old 04-11-2006, 08:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Gas Engine similar to a O.S. 0.90 four Strokes

The new BME 90 gas engine which is based on the Super Tigre G90 might be what you are looking for. Do a search on this Forum as there is an on going topic including pictures on this engine.

Karol
Old 04-11-2006, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karol
Thanks for your help, today a call to Sig to ask if is possible to use the BME 0.90 gasoline engine in the 1/5 scale J-3 piper cub and they told me that is to much power for this model they said that this model will run O.K. with a .52 or a 0.70 four strokes O.S. engine but I think that in Gasoline engines I will not find that size.
Best Regards
Lipi.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:56 AM
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Of course Sig told you not to use a BME engine on their plane. BME is a competitor with Sig FPE gas engines.

Gas engines put out a little less power than a same size glow engine. The .90 BME gas engine will put out just a tiny bit more power than a .70 4-stroke.

You can use the BME .90 gas conversion--just don't fly it around full throttle all the time. Use the left stick to control engine speed.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:06 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lipi

Need some help to find a Gas Engine that have the shape of a RCS 140 gas engine, but have the same power of a glow O.S. 0.90 4 stroke engine.I would like to put a gas engine in my 1/5 sig J-3 piper cub.
Best regards
Lipi

----------------

I haven't ran my BME converted Super Tigre G90 as yet (meaning that I have no empirical data), but it fits the criteria that you have described very well. I suspect that it will be considerably stronger than an OS .91 four-stroke by a good margin. But that is what the throttle is for, true?

I'm not familiar with the 1/5 Sig J-3 Cub, so I can't really say for sure that it would be a good choice for the BME G90. I have thought about installing my BME G90 in my Goldberg Cub ARF. It would be gross overkill, but I've been there before.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:02 PM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Don't ever expect one dealer to tell you to use a similar product from someone else, it just won't happen.

Don't you worry, as Rcpilet said, though the BME 90 might make a bit more power than the recommended 4 stroke engine, a little more power is always better than too little, anyway that what the throttle lever is there for, to regulate both engine and flying speeds. If I were you I'd go for it .....just my two cents.

Karol