Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA 50-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA 50-R

Hy guys !

I think I have a problem with my DA 50-R.
First :The plug gap is not .020" like in manual , it is almost double and i think the timing was set for this this gap .
Second problem : I have Sullivan gas filter with doble screen between tank and carburator and i found some dirth inside the filter.
It is posible to pass this dirth in carburator ? Because I can" t set the engine , i have almost 2-5/8 at low needle and 2-7/8 at high needle .
I also finished the break in and now I run the engine with synthetic oil MObil 2T racing 32:1 .
The engine is mounted in Composite-Arf extra 2/2 with JMB inverted muffler and the propeler is 22/10 MENZ.
Please give me your advice !
Old 05-09-2006, 05:21 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DA 50-R

Set your gap to the factory recommended gap (.018 - .020 inches) or (.45 - .50 mm). Mine was about .023 from the factory. I just put a new one in and set it to .019 inches. The original plug had major carbon on the outside rim, I think I will switch to a less oil mix. I already have 2 1/2 gallons of Lawnboy ashless through it.

If your needle settings are really 2 5/8 L, and 2 7/8 H, you are way off. They are supposed to be 1 5/8 L , 1 7/8 H.

Dirt inside filter is normal, just clean it out with alcohol or something and put it back in place. It's doing it's job.

ORIGINAL: Vlad3D

Hy guys !

I think I have a problem with my DA 50-R.
First :The plug gap is not .020" like in manual , it is almost double and i think the timing was set for this this gap .
Second problem : I have Sullivan gas filter with doble screen between tank and carburator and i found some dirth inside the filter.
It is posible to pass this dirth in carburator ? Because I can" t set the engine , i have almost 2-5/8 at low needle and 2-7/8 at high needle .
I also finished the break in and now I run the engine with synthetic oil MObil 2T racing 32:1 .
The engine is mounted in Composite-Arf extra 2/2 with JMB inverted muffler and the propeler is 22/10 MENZ.
Please give me your advice !
Old 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM

Thank you for yor advice !
Today i removed carburator and i found some dirth . I flush with gasoline and i put it back .
I hope it will work better !
Old 05-10-2006, 10:18 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're welcome. Remember to change your needle settings. You have them way too rich.

Joe

ORIGINAL: Vlad3D

Thank you for yor advice !
Today i removed carburator and i found some dirth . I flush with gasoline and i put it back .
I hope it will work better !
Old 05-14-2006, 04:35 AM
My Feedback: (73)

))) HELP!!! (((
I have a DA-50 # 0576 I have it on a 1/4 scale Patty Wagstaff. Engine will run for a little bit in the air flawless but then starts loading up, almost like Im gunning the throttle up and down. but will stop when I throttle down.it never dies and idles perfect. But like I said at full throttle it just revs up and down til I throttle back. I sent to DA and they replaced the carb and said that was the problem. Well put it back on and its still doing it. Starts easy runs great on ground until full throttle in air and its doing the same thing. I wonder if its air flow in cowl??? Please somebody help. I have my first bigbird next weekend!!!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 05:47 PM

Hi Vlad,
How it's running now?
Hope better...