Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ZDZ Super80 vs DA-100

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZDZ Super80 vs DA-100

I'm about to pick up an Aeroworks 35% Extra 260. The kit recommendsa DA100, but I'm hearing people talk about using a ZDZ80 instead. It's short by only .3hp and weighs over a pound less than the DA100. This would give a tremendous power to weight ratio advantage over the 100cc. I'm pretty convinced, but what do you folks think????
Old 02-08-2007, 09:30 PM
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ZDZ Super80 vs DA-100

I have run the super 80 on stock muffler, and DA 100s on stock mufflers. The super 80 is a fine engine, but it is quite short of the DA in HP on stock mufflers. If you really wanted to put the 80 in the AW, I would use a full pipe only, no can or stock muffers. On the full pipe if will pull right there or better than the DA and still be lighter. But, on stock mufflers I wouldnt do it. The super 80 I have flown was on a 25.5lb AW 75cc yak, and while the performance is good, it is not unlimited by any means.