Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

brison 3.2 proulbums

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brison 3.2 proulbums

has anyone out there had proulbums wit a brison 3.2 with quick acceleration off idle mine works fine when i move the throttel slow but if i move it from idle to max power fast nomatter were the mixturers are set it dies any ideas on how to fix it thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 08:14 AM

Default RE: brison 3.2 proulbums

Sounds like a Low end needle problem. If not try cleaning the carb.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:44 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And changing the plug. If it's a new engine then it's possible the ignition timing circuit may be screwy. I'm with the needle settings as the prime culprit though.

Start the needle process over. Set them both at 1-1/2 open. Use the low needle to peak the engine with the throttle providing around 3000 rpm and leave it peaked. Now run the engine to max throttle and peak the high needle, then back off (richen) the high needle enough to hear a slight drop in rpm. Go back and cycle the throttle from low to high. Does it stumble? Richen the low. Does it sound like it's going to drown? Lean the low. If it transitions well your very close.

Go fly, see what it does, and fine tune in 1/16th or less turn increments from there.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:29 AM

well i talked to Bill at the service center he said that i have done everything that he can think of so it will be sent in for repair i think i have a defective ignition but well see what he says
Old 04-24-2007, 01:25 PM
My Feedback: (2)

We did try reseting the needles and found no change. It has been doing this since he bought the engine at the end of last year. We tried going from the 40:1 mix to 100:1 and it didnt change. Tried resetting needles and played with it for over 4hrs with no change. You would get it close then we would stop for a second let it cool down alittle and restart and it did it all over again. My best guess it the Ignition module. We didnt have a spare one so we werent able to check it to see if that really is the problem.