Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA150 Will not start

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 01:18 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA150 Will not start

I have a DA150 that at times will not start. It usually starts the first couple of times, then about the third time I try to start it, it wont start. I usually choke it until it pops, then remove the choke and start it after 3-4 flips. When it won't start, sometimes it pops when choked, sometimes it doesn't. The carb seems to have gas in it, at least when you remove the choke, you get gas all over you hand. When I check the plugs they don't appear wet however, so I'm thinking it is not flooded.

I have been having this problem all spring. I have replaced the iginition, replaced the carb, replaced the fuel line, checked the inside of the tank, hard wired the ignition(removed the DA furnished connector on the ignition.) Over the winter I did install cans, install a choke servo and replaced the fuel tank/fuel line. I have since removed the choke servo and replaced the fuel tubing again. I am not sure, but I think that it originally had large fuel line and used medium. Don't know if that could have anything to do with it.

I am at a lost as what else to try...any suggestions???

Thanks
Old 04-21-2007, 02:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DA150 Will not start

umm, how about bad ignition switch or bad ignition battery !! have you check those.

also, you might be simply flooding the engine, or at least in my case, if I ever forget to turn the ignition switch on, and attempt to start the engine, and after 4 or so flips I relize that the ignition was off, that's when it takes forever to start the engine, what I found out is when I do that mistake, I just leave the chock open and flip her as hard as I can, and she usually starts in 7-10 flips.

good luck

Ahmed
Old 04-21-2007, 03:32 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DA150 Will not start

The battery checks good. It could be the ign switch, but I would expect it to cut off during flight or other times not just when I'm trying to start it if it were the switch.