Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
 DL50 or 3MM-50cc for GP Pitts Special >

DL50 or 3MM-50cc for GP Pitts Special

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DL50 or 3MM-50cc for GP Pitts Special

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DL50 or 3MM-50cc for GP Pitts Special

Trying to figure out which way to go between the DL50 or the 3MM-53cc for the GP Pitts. At the present it is flying nice with a US41cc but definately feel a weight reduction and power increase is in order. My major concern with the DL50 is that the mounting lugs look to be rather weak.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:13 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DL50 or 3MM-50cc for GP Pitts Special

Both are good engines. The 3mm is working out rather well from all the reports so far. In a couple of weeks I'll be using one on the new Wild Hare 50cc Sukhoi.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 AM

Thanx for ur reply. I have just ordered the 3MM, even though this engine and others like it have caused such a fuss throughout this site. Just imagine a world where nothing was copied, changed or improved. One make of car, One make of aeroplane, One make of TV, One make of BBQ and One FORUM etc etc etc...
Old 04-25-2007, 11:41 AM

Yea, but imagine all the women to be absolutely perfect in build and disposition with the only options available being hair color
Old 04-25-2007, 01:23 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

Yea, but imagine all the women to be absolutely perfect in build and disposition with the only options available being hair color

Yeah but most of the fun is trying them out before you settle on Miss Right But it can be expensive - ask me how I know []
Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 PM

No need, I've experienced the issue for myself. The real money starts when you settle on the last choice.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

They are perfect arn't they??? Well thats what my wife would have me believe!! That and the only real evil in this world is Model Aircraft. And that there is definately nothing wrong with her mother (my outlaw)LO real L
Old 04-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: philjac94

Trying to figure out which way to go between the DL50 or the 3MM-53cc for the GP Pitts. At the present it is flying nice with a US41cc but definately feel a weight reduction and power increase is in order. My major concern with the DL50 is that the mounting lugs look to be rather weak.
If a few ounces of extra weight are not an issue, I would think the 3mm would last longer overall. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's a 3rd bearing crank where the DL50 is cantilever.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Both engines have their advantages. The DL is turning out to be a well manufactured engine, with a re-designed reed valve from what the DA 50 has. Different carb, too. The two engines share some distinct similarities. This makes for an engine with a nice transition and mid range. I have a three bearing engine in the Taurus 3.2. Exceptionally smooth running for a single.

Between the DL and 3mm the only decision you have to make is how much do you want to spend and how much does it need to weigh.