Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

prop for quadra 42s

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop for quadra 42s

Help please I have a pair of older (10 yrs) quadra 42s in a zerioli p61. plane has been wrecked and I am trying to rebuild it . Need some info on a choice of props. prefer three blade. I saw the crash of this plane 10 years ago. estimited weight should be 35 to 45 lbs. nearest I can find for 2 bladed props appear to be 18x10s or 20x 8s. I have used the bigger gas engines before qudra 52 and kiowitz 42 but not with three blades. we are flying at 4500 feet here. any info that will help me make the right choice will be appreciated. I cannot afford to experiment. and I am not sure what these motors are capable of. thank you in advance for any info. OLDFLYrw11
Old 05-12-2007, 10:47 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: prop for quadra 42s

Everyone always used 18-10 two blades on them.

here's a 16-10 three blade http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRF51&P=7
Old 05-12-2007, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: prop for quadra 42s

thank you for the info. I have noticed the add. and buy from tower. So when the time comes I will take your advice to heart. l