Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Waiting time for DA100?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 06:44 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Waiting time for DA100?

Just curious about where I stand in the food chain here. I placed my order with DA for two motors around the 4th of December. Have I been routinely skipped over or are they really that rare these days? Please advise.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-17-2003, 11:41 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow,
Are you shure your credit card was accepted? I ordered mine on 2/20 and got it within 3 weeks. I used a debit card and it was difficult keeping 1400 in the account for nearly a month before they placed the order. I also called inbetween to check up on the order. Have you called them?
RickP
Old 04-17-2003, 12:32 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine in 3 weeks also...
Ordered the beggining of March.
Old 04-17-2003, 01:02 PM
My Feedback: (119)

Mine has been ordered for 2 weeks now. I got a combo order from Composit ARF. My CC has not been charged (even though I got the plane last week--sweet deal, huh?). I tried calling yesterday to ask about mufflers and prop jig and got nothing but a busy signal all day long. Seems production and the phone are both busy all day.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:27 PM

Default All is good on my end.

Well, I keep my credit card payed off and it works everywhere I use it. I have called and spoke ten or fifteen times with various people (Dave too) and received the "it will go out today/tomorrow" about five times.

I have always been cordial (I'm not a pissing contest type person at all). I guess I cancel that order.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-18-2003, 11:36 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Perhaps it is because your overseas? I donno. They are extreamly difficult to get on the phone, but when you do get someone they were very truthfull and curtious and helpflul with me. Sorry you'r having a difficult time. If it is any consolsation, it is worth the wait...
RickP
Old 04-18-2003, 01:01 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry to hear you are having problems with D.A. You are the first person I have ever known to complain about D.A. I have dealt with Dave Johnson and boys from Tucson over a number of years and can only say the customer service is second to none. Dave is one of the most friendly and helpful individuals I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Getting hold of them by phone is tough, but remember that once you get Dave on the phone he will take what ever time he needs to answer all your questions. If I have problems getting through I normally send a short fax, then they call me back when they can. By the way, the D.A. is an outstanding engine, I have over 600 flights on mine, purrs like a kitten!
Old 04-18-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Maybe they read the threads?

Got an e-mail from Dave last night. He said they would be sent today. Thanks Dave.

As far as service, I have sent DAs in three times for repairs and they always come back quickly in perfect condition. Dave is extraordinarily friendly and helpful. I have lots of experience with the 150 and the 100 and that is why I have waited the long wait.

Anyway, thanks Dave, I have airplanes for these two (actually, I could use two more, I just can't afford two more).

Mark
Old 04-18-2003, 05:35 PM

Default 2 days

Wow,

I ordered one from a local distuributer and got two days later.