Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

U.S. Enignes 41cc.....questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 04:26 PM
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U.S. Enignes 41cc.....questions?

Hey all,

I recently purchased a older Dragon Lade ARC kit which calls for a .91 to 1.6 Four Stroke or equivelent gas engine. I was looking at the U.S. Engines 41cc model. What I was wondering was, what is maitence like on a gas engine and are there any problems with this brand, quirks, etc.... I just want to find out what I'm getting into. I've only flown glow so far but don't want to fork out all the extra cash for large displacemnt glow enigne not to mention the fuel costs. Are there any other brands of engines in the same price bracket that are better?

Thanks,

Scott J. Wolke
Old 04-23-2003, 06:20 PM

one thing you can be sure of, your fuel cost will be about 1/4 of glow.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:07 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The US Engines are not bad for the buck. They are rather heavy though. For your application and if your wallet will allow, take a look at the RCS 1.40 and 1.80. They would be better suited to the Dragon Lady. Also take a look in the conversion section for some good ideas. The Ryobi and Homelite engines are becoming very popular.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:47 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Default Findlay!?

Hey Scott,
This is Scott Swanger in Findlay also! I don't know if I have had the pleasure of meeting you. I can be bad at remembering names some times. :spinnyeye

I had a US 41 once, not a bad engine. A good value, and a good way to break in to gas.

You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you want. I'll be out at the field on sat and sun. I can fill you in on the US 41

Later, Scott
Old 04-24-2003, 10:03 AM

Scott,

Check out www.gcbmrc.com. They do conversions and they have a 25cc that might just fit your need.

Have fun with gas!

Bedford
Old 04-24-2003, 10:29 AM
My Feedback: (27)

Thanks for the reply's guys

Scott
Old 04-25-2003, 11:34 AM
My Feedback: (2)

How does a US 41 stack up against a G-38 ? I have a World Models GS Mustang with the 38 and I'm not real thrilled with the performance. The US41 looks to be about the same size and weight. Can I take the cup mount and starter off ? My 38 would also go nicely in my dynaflite chipmunk.

S1
Old 04-25-2003, 11:51 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO not worth the effort for the money it would cost. The G38 is IMO is a better engine than the US Engines. If you want more oomph, take a look at mfg's like BME, ZDZ, FPE, Brison etc. They will give a bigger boost. The G38 is a great reliable engine as are most of the US engines, they do not have the power of many other similar engines. Of course I don't know your monetary situation so you have to do what works best for you.