Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

US 41CC losing power

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 07:45 PM
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US 41CC losing power

Have a US-41cc gasser that has a decrease in power after the engine warmes up at full throttle. Is it because there is not enough airflow to the engine inside the cowl causing it to get too hot or is it too lean or rich on the high end? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can overheat if cowled in without enough outlet area. outlet erea should be at least 3 times the inlet area. If you can, fly it without the cowl to find out. lean mix or a combination can do it also.
Old 04-28-2003, 11:31 PM

Yup, and exhaust air area if its still facing into the wind (a la Ultimate, etc) isn't doing much good. It has to be sucking the air out of the cowl. Tex.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:00 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Default US41

qm1usn

From my own experience with the US41, aside from the possibility of not enough air exit space, you may be too lean. If the exit opening is sufficient, try opening your hi needle an 1/8 of a turn. If it improves, try another 1/8 turn. Mine acted like that until I richened it up and ran a couple of gallons through it. Once set up, these are good running and user friendly.

Phil