Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
 SAITO 125 GASOLINE BURNER!!!!!!!!!!!! >

SAITO 125 GASOLINE BURNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SAITO 125 GASOLINE BURNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 07:38 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAITO 125 GASOLINE BURNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: rotccapt

well i got some numbers for you i finally got it tuned in and adjusted low end still needs work but here they are: on 6 oz of 32:1 fuel it ran at 7600-8000 rpm spinning an apc 16X6 prop for 13 minutes. that is pretty good in my book for using the stock carb the hi speed needle is very touchy 2 clicks either way and you loose performance. i may prop down a bit to see if i can squeze some more rpm out of it but i am very happy with it so far. this gives me a calculated 8 lbs of thrust i think i may try a 15X7 and see what that gets me

Just monitoring,, Did you consider mixing 10% glow fuel 15% - 20% nitro all synthetic. The nitro should significantly boost output.

It would be nice is a conversion kit were offered for the saito 1.8 to gasoline so you could buy the kit,, convert and fly.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:29 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a short piece of silicone tubing on the muffler and connect it to the tygon pressure line. That way it's easy to replace the silicone tubing when it gives up after a while.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:23 PM

i might have to try the silicone tubing. i have heard about adding a bit of glow fuel but i will try a 15X7 prop first then if i dont get the performance i need try the glow fuel.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Jezmo

Jezmo what oil ratio are you running on your 91 i am using 32:1 right know since that is what i had
I am running 22:1 using Redline Two Stroke Racing synthetic. I used 32:1 for a while but wasn't getting much oil out of the case breather so I went back to 22:1 and I get a pretty good amount of oil out of the tube at that ratio. Also the oil coming out is cleaner at 22:1.
Jezmo, you are saying your stock ignition saito 91 is running on 4.5% oil just fine with gasoline?

I was considering to use 15% oil with my gasoline converted 160FX - now Im beginning to think going down to 10% oil after reading your post.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:49 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: liquid_TR

Jezmo, you are saying your stock ignition saito 91 is running on 4.5% oil just fine with gasoline?

I was considering to use 15% oil with my gasoline converted 160FX - now Im beginning to think going down to 10% oil after reading your post.
Do not do this with a two stroke! A four stroke collects oil in the crankcase until it reaches a certain level then, excess is expelled. A two stroke continuously pumps oil out of the crankcase so the results of lowering oil content will be very different. It might work, but be careful.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:08 PM

its best that I stay with 14-15% oil ratio for now then - good timing, I was gona mix some fuel in a couple of minutes
Old 11-03-2008, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: liquid_TR

ORIGINAL: Jezmo

Jezmo what oil ratio are you running on your 91 i am using 32:1 right know since that is what i had
I am running 22:1 using Redline Two Stroke Racing synthetic. I used 32:1 for a while but wasn't getting much oil out of the case breather so I went back to 22:1 and I get a pretty good amount of oil out of the tube at that ratio. Also the oil coming out is cleaner at 22:1.

I am running the the Saito 91 four stroke on 22:1 and my SuperTigre 51 and 90 are running fine at 16:1. The little 51 has over 75 hrs now and still runs strong. I don't think I would try that with just any old oil though as the Redline synthetic is very good oil. As Greg said in the previous post don't try the 22:1 on a two stroke as the results would be bad. Stick with at least 16:1 or maybe even a bit more if the oil is of lesser quality.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 PM

What kind of power (prop x RPM) are you seeing with a Saito .91 or 1.25 running gas vs Glow?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:39 PM

I don't use glow engines so all the cost comparisons/savings don't justify the cost. I would love to have a 20cc four stroke because nothing sounds like it but when I can get 2 RCGF 20cc engines delivered to my house for $439.98. I can get 2 RCGF 45cc engines delivered to my house for 493.98.
I really, really would love to have one of the 4 strokers but when I can get a quality engine and airplane for less than what the FG-20 cost, it becomes an easy decision.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:48 PM
My Feedback: (42)

The FG36 and 20 are novelties to say the least. Saito did not do any extreme engineering to adapt the 2 engines to gas. They added a pump carb,bushed the rods instead of putting in needle bearings and left the cylinder head alone resulting in heat issues . A rework of the rocker housing to ensure better oil lubrication would be a plus point too.
I have the FG36 and i think one is too many especially at the prices they're charging.I'll stick to dedicated gas engines designed from the bottom up and costing less or do gas conversions on better examples.