Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

BEST 3d trainer for gas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 05:54 PM
My Feedback: (99)

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
Default BEST 3d trainer for gas?

Has to use a DA, either a 100, 50, or the new 75 whenever that gets here. I have used da's and have 0 complaints, so why change? Anyway, looking for the best 3d trainer, I can't seem to bring myself to TR on the deck with a carden, so lower dollar than that is good. Have about 2700.00 to invest and I have a rx already and 2 8611's so the opinions flow! I want personal experiences, not what some may have read. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30832.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	105693  
Old 02-27-2004, 06:27 PM
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BEST 3d trainer for gas?

The best plane to practice 3D WAS the Aeroworks Edge Profile ... it was cheap, easy (simple) to build and flew great. I flew one with a BME 50 on it... DA would have been the same or better.. For some reason, they don't make them any more and have been out of stock for over 6 mos.. they were real ugly, but flew great...

I think the 27% Columbo would do well too, and it is VERY reasonable and strong. I would think you could equip that plane with the best of everything including all CF accessories and the best servos and still have $$ left over. Planes plus has an ARC in stock right now for about $500 I bought the 31% last week...

There are a lot of planes "coming out" but unfortunately, no one has been able to fly them yet including me. I don't like buying the first of anything, call me paranoid, but I have had too many issues going that route...

These look very promising: (all 50 class), especially the WH planes. I have seem their protos and they look really nice!!

AW Katana ARC / ARF
Wild Hare Extra 330special ARC/ARF
Chip Hyde CAP X (my fave) I like the way CAPS and Katanas do 3D, better than edges and at least as good as extras but look better doing it!!

DP
Old 02-27-2004, 09:10 PM
My Feedback: (99)

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Thanks DP, do you know if Chip will have plane at the Toledo show?
Old 02-27-2004, 10:38 PM
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is my pic, it was mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56933.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	105785  
Old 02-27-2004, 10:45 PM
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could get a H9 33% plane up and running for 2700, pretty easily. Very good 3-d planes. I am loving my aeroworks 33% edge arf. You prolly could set one of them up for that money too. OMp has a giant profile edge arf. I built the kit, and it was a great plane. but it would be hard to mount a Da 50 to it?