Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
FC 2.6 & DA 100 What is the best prop for this combo >

FC 2.6 & DA 100 What is the best prop for this combo

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

FC 2.6 & DA 100 What is the best prop for this combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 12:10 AM
DKY
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FC 2.6 & DA 100 What is the best prop for this combo

Hello Guys, I have had really good feedback on the list so far so I am ready to solicate more responses. Which props have you guys been running on the FC 2.6 with a DA 100 on standard mufflers. I am going to recieve my engine tommorrow and I am ready to order some props and a spinner. I was leaning towards a MCS 27/10 wood. I am going to fly mostly IMAC sequence with some 3D style flying. I am at 3800 Ft ASL and noise is not a huge concern at this time. I have a RCS 26/10 that I am going to use for initial breakin but I am sure this will not be any were near enough prop after a gallon or two of gas. I basically have the plane finished except for the mounting of the engine, canopy and cowl. I have picturtes for anybody who might be interested.

Thanks in advance
Derrek
Old 01-18-2003, 12:35 AM

Giday Derrek,

I'm using a menz 27 x 10 wood prop. I have used a Mejilk 27 x 10 carbon prop also. The Menz is way noisier than the carbon prop. Performance! Well they weren't to much different for normal flying but I would say the wooden Menz was more responcive for 3d stuff. I have a freind who is using a 24x12 3 bladed Mejlik which performs quite well, it's a lot quieter than the others and is good for flying IMAC style. I didn't bother using a smaller prop for running in of either of my DA100's, ones had over 100 flights with no problems.

Regards

Steve
Old 01-18-2003, 01:00 AM

I agree with Richo. 27x10 wood for 3D, 26 isn't enought load on the motor I think. And a 24x12 or 25x12 3 blade CF for IMAC. A 28x10 2 blade is also a way to go, but isn't quite as good I think. Have fun!

Ethan
Old 01-18-2003, 04:43 AM

The best 3D prop is the NX 27x10. It's a little more load than a Menz 27x10 and has a little better power. The Menz is the next best. For IMAC these are both to loud. The 3 blade Fuchs 24x12 or Air Models 25 or 26x12 3 blade is quite for IMAC flying. A Fuchs 28x10 is also fairly quite, you might have to back the throttle ATV down to pass the noise test with it. I don't like the MSC props on 100cc motors for my style of flying. You might like them and they are worth trying, I know others that do like them.

Tracy Hill
Old 01-18-2003, 03:59 PM
DKY

Thanks for the replys. There seems to be allot of variability and choice avaible for the 100cc size. Maybe I should be alittle more specific in how I like to fly and my requirements. Although I said earlier sound might not be an issue I thought more about it and I wold like to take sound into account. I visited the IMAC web site to see what the requirements were and to see if there were any examples of the type of setups that meet the noise restrictions. There was not any I could use. What are you guy's using for props on the 35% stuff to meet the IMAC requirements with the DA 100 on standard mufflers.

My flying style is not high speed aerobatics but at the otherend. I like to fly slow, paced figures . Most of my flying is done at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle and rarely do I ever go to full throttle. I am into constant speed uplines and downlines. I like to do rolling maneouvers allot ( pt rolls,circles etc). I am not a 3D god but I am going to spend a bunch of time to try and get semi proficent this year. I am hoping my SIM time pays off this winter.

IMAC/Sequence 75% flying time throughout the year
3D styles 25% flying time throughout the year

Now what are you thoughts on a prop for my plane ?
Old 01-19-2003, 05:29 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default imac&3d

This is exactly how i fly my planes and for downline braking and a steady speed plus quick spooling try the MSC 26-10..........It works great on a 3W106 and a zdz80 as well as a DA100,on planes from 21 1/2lbs thru 28.....Try it you'll love it.

Dave
Old 01-19-2003, 06:15 PM
My Feedback: (22)

Default 3w 106

Hey hector

Just wanted to see what you thought of your 106. I have only had a chance to run about 4 gallons through mine but man this engine is an animal. The throttle response and top end power are very good.