Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

h9 taylorcraft HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 02:48 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h9 taylorcraft HELP!

IM IN NEED of some help i have a quadra 42 i think it might be to big i also have a g23 i think it might be to small does anybody have ideas on a motor for this.

also i have some 425bb hitecs 4 each
and 1 525bb will these work and which one should i put the 525 on

chris
Old 03-18-2003, 03:21 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Default On "Torque Reform"....

Put the G23 in it. The Quadra is too much. You definitely want a high torque (100 oz. +) servo with a strong gear train for the elevator and rudder. For ailerons, I would think a 50 oz. + torque servo will be fine.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:48 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Chris,

I have one with a G-38 on it and it is perfect. I have seen one with a G-23 and it seemed a little under-powered for my liking. Mine balanced perfect and weighed 14.75 pounds. If the Q-42 is not much heavier than the 38, I would put it in there.

As far as servos, I went with Hitec 605's on elevator, rudder, and ailerons. You do need more than standards, especially on rudder and elevator, standards may be OK on the ailerons but I wouldn't chance it.

Hope this helps,
Alan
Old 03-18-2003, 03:55 PM
My Feedback: (7)

I almost agree with Bama. If you don't mind cutting the crap out of the bottom of the cowl, stuff the quadra in it. I have one with the new G26 and power is good, but still don't have that safety net to get out of bad situations.

I also ran HiTec 605's on everything but yhr rudder. There I used metal geared 645.

If you think about Hitec servos, Do a search on here. I have problems with them centering in the same spot and this seems to be a common problem with them.

The TCraft is a great sunday flyer. Also do a search for Talorcraft and find some of the mods done to help its dependability.
Old 03-18-2003, 07:54 PM
My Feedback: (24)

I have a Saito 1.50 in my Taylorcraft, and I'd say it is adequate. It's definitely not overpowered, but it does most aerobatics with reasonable vertical performance, while allowing normal cruising around at a little more than 1/2 throttle. The one problem with it is that it required 20oz. in the nose to balance, so a heavier engine definitely wouldn't hurt.

I also have regular Hitec 605's all around in mine, and find they work just fine.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:47 AM

Default RE: h9 taylorcraft HELP!

Where do you find taylorcraft parts. I need a cowl, wing struts, and windshield