Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Starting OS .40 LA

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting OS .40 LA

Seems like it takes for ever to get mine started. After I do get it started the first time it starts easily every time after that. Anyone with starting tips?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:52 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Starting OS .40 LA

Make sure you get a good prime by opening the throttle to full (WITHOUT a battery on the plug...), placing your thumb over the carb, and hand-flipping the prop until fuel makes it through the carb. Close the throttle, attach the battery and a quick blip should be all you need to get it going.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:50 AM

Hi

I have one and I only start it by hand. (all my motors actually) Even when it has after run oil in it it starts easily.

I have found that a good prime is important and that once the air bleed screw is ajusted
properly it is easy. Starts best at a low idle. (carb barrel open a very little).

The way the motor is stored can be a factor - letting the oil accumulate in the plug does make it more difficult.

My motor starts just as easily when flipping the prop back wards against compression.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:36 AM

ditto on the prime. it's what is missing. I cover the carb at full throttle and turn the prop 4 times after I see fuel get drawn into the carb through the fuel line. then close the carb to 1/4, put on glow heat and it will fire right up. works every time.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:28 PM

I should have included the temp I have been flying in has been around the 20's. I think that was most of my problem. Figured out a little trick to help starting in cold weather, keep the fuel in the warm car until ready to fuel, then hold engine under car exhaust for a minute. Started right up. Thanks to all for the suggestions.