Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

YS ENGINES AND FUELER VALVES

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 04:26 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS ENGINES AND FUELER VALVES

I am replacing my Saito .56 with a YS .63 engine. On the rest of my YS engines I just use 2 fuel dots, but this plane has a Dubro Fueler. It has worked great all along with the Saito but I'm a little concerned that the pressure from the YS may cause a leak. Anyone have any experience pro/con with this kind of set up. I know your going to ask me "why not just take it out and install a fuel dot" but I have my reasons for wanting to leave it there.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:13 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: YS ENGINES AND FUELER VALVES

It will eventualy fail. The failure mode I have most often seen is the pluger binds and you can't get the fuel probe into the valve. The problem seems to be the o-ring rolls off its seat. I have also seen them fail in a open state. i.e. can put fule in tank but plunger will not seat properly in valve. Typically takes a season of use before they fail, but I have seen one fail after a few flights. With a YS (except 140DZ), you will still need a way to release pressure from the vent line when fueling. In short, it will work as long as you have a method to release tank pressure. I understand you have the desire to leave the valve in place, but you are right, my reccomendation is to replace with a fuel dot becasue of the issues I have had and seen with this valve.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:11 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would stick with fuel dots. The best ones are the 1/2 turn to loosen and the fuel line pulls right through with the dot. Miracle fuelers.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:24 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave Shadel in the YS engine forum advised against the use of quick fuelers. Just go in the YS support forum and do a search for his post.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:25 PM

The YS will shorten the failure time on the fueler. Use fuel dots!
Old 04-10-2004, 03:19 AM

Thanks guys, I knew the answer, I guess I just needed a push. The fuel dot is going in, I needed one for the vent anyway.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:33 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is a fuel dot and where do I get one? I have the same situation, YS63/UCD46. On my Stick I pull off the fuel and vent lines, refuel , attach lines and start up. This isn't good for a cowled installation. A search on "fuel dot" on Tower turned up Dubro Fill It Fueling System. I also need some of thpse tees for the fuel and vent lines. So many new things to find.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:43 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to [link=http://www.centralhobbies.com/Fuel/fuel_fittings/CHFLD.html]Central Hobbies[/link] for fuel dots and aluminum T's. [link=http://www.pspmfg.com/FuelDotsRegular.html]PSP Manufacturing[/link] also sells cool fuel dots.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:54 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.qualityrcproducts.com/
Old 04-11-2004, 05:16 AM

I have been using a fuel dot made by Hanger 9, it may not be the best, but it comes complete with a large size "T" and is gold in color, which seems to blend in better with most colors than the silver ones.

I've been searching the sites you guys posted - some interesting stuff - in particular I like the fuel dots carried by Quality R/C, will be ordering some.