Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
 Need specific idle setting for Magnum 1.08 >

Need specific idle setting for Magnum 1.08

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Need specific idle setting for Magnum 1.08

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 02:11 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need specific idle setting for Magnum 1.08

While installing the engine I accidently unscrewed the idle valve. Once I realized what I was doing, I tried to put it back where I thought it was.
Now while trying to break it in, a guy at the field said to turn it out about 1 turn.
It just doesn't want to idle, it's even having a hard time starting.

Does anyone know how for out I should begin to work with it?
How many turns out does it come from the factory?
Old 04-12-2004, 02:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need specific idle setting for Magnum 1.08

There is no specific idle setting. Start about one turn open. If it won't idle turn it a quarter turn out till it will. After you get it to idle do the pinch test. If it speeds up after pinching it is rich if it slows down it is lean. If lean turn it out 1/8 of a turn and try again, if rich turn it in 1/8 of a turn. Do repeatedly till it speeds up for a half to a full second after pinching the line. Next reset the main needle and check transition. If it stumbles from idle to full with a lot of smoke turn in 1/8 of a turn, if it quits, or slows down then slowly picks up without a lot of smoke then turn out 1/8 of a turn.