Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Enya 40 Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enya 40 Rebuild

Hello
I was planning on rebuilding my Enya 40 this winter. Cleaning and polishing to try and restore it. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to make the job easer and more user friendly
Thanks for any tips or trick
Old 09-06-2004, 03:26 PM

Default RE: Enya 40 Rebuild

not that difficult remove head and backplate, slide out sleeve,remove rod and piston. then put new rod and piston in cylinder and on crankshaft at tdc then slide in new sleeve. it should go right in fairly easy reassemble head and back plate
Old 09-06-2004, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That depends on which 40 you have. The earlier model 6002 had a Dykes ringed piston so if it's still got good compression don't try to remove the ring. The later ones have a cast iron piston which will basically never wear out if you've been using at least 20% oil and preferably at least half of that castor. AFAIK none of the 40's were ABC but correct me if I'm wrong.

Because the front end is removeable on these engines it's easy to get the piston out. Just take off the crankshaft housing and cylinder head then push the rod and piston out. The liner can stay in place but take note of which way the rod is fitted on the crankpin, it only goes one way.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:36 PM

Thanks i think im using XP 15 % fuel i have it running a little wet to get that extra lubrication
thanks