Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
 Horsepower figures for YS91AC, YS110FZ or engine recommendation >

Horsepower figures for YS91AC, YS110FZ or engine recommendation

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Horsepower figures for YS91AC, YS110FZ or engine recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 08:00 PM
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Horsepower figures for YS91AC, YS110FZ or engine recommendation

Does anyone know the horsepower rating for YS91AC and YS110FZ? Unfortuneatly YS does not list the hp in the documents or the web site and a call to them did not get the info as the guy that knows is off until next week.

The 91 is no longer available and the 110 is backordered everywhere until early november and some are even saying as late as december. I am thinking of using an OS120III w/pump as a replacement but it's almost 10oz heavier with the muffler than both Ys engines but it's deminentions are the same or very close in some respect.

This is going into a CG Ultimate ARP (BlueHawk)

If anyone has any other ideas on engines for this plane please also let me know that.

The plane did have the YS91AC and had plenty of power, not great, but plenty of power.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:48 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Horsepower figures for YS91AC, YS110FZ or engine recommendation

This link has the horsepower ratings: [link=http://www.geistware.com/rcmodeling/glowpower/ysfaq.htm]CLICK HERE[/link]

The YS 91AC is rated at 2.0 HP. The OS 120III pumper is rated at 2.1 HP. The YS 110FZ is rated at around 2.2 - 2.3 HP because my 110 is much stronger than my OS 120III w/pump.

The YS 110 is exactly the same physical size as the YS 91, so it's smaller than the OS 120.