Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Evolution engines

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution engines

I have a Evolution 40 for my trainer. When i'm at about half throttle, I can see air bubbles going into the carb. As I increase the throttle. the air bubbles seem to get less. I thought it could be sucking air through a line but their new. Any suggestions. John
Old 06-19-2005, 02:35 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Evolution engines

Its air bubbles created by increased vibration of the engine at part throttle

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 06-19-2005, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply Jim. So the air bubbles arn't a problem? Also, I'm just getting started in flying and I don't have anyone I know of in the area to teach me, but I have Plenty of big farm fields to practice in. I've been across the field in which I thought was going to be a good first flight. Boy was I wrong. On the way back I did what I read most beginners do, you know, left is right,right is left. I brought my plane home in two peices. But I fixed it during the week and its ready to go again. I ordered another trainer that should be here this week. But I think I'll keep rebuilding this one till its unfixable. Would a three blade prop slow the plane down and can I put one on the Evolution 40? thanks again John
Old 06-19-2005, 05:21 PM

The air bubbles can be a problem. They will make the fuel mixture - air ratio have less fuel. You engine may quit or run different.

Try putting foam rubber around the tank to keep vibration down.

A propellar with more diameter and less pitch will slow the plane down. If you are running a 10-6 propellar, try a 11-4 or a 12.25 X 3.75.

The choices of pitch are not very good with three blade props.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 06-19-2005, 05:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hi John, i had the same engine on my trainer and mine did the same thing just after firing her up but a good burst of rpms should get rid of the bubbles, mine did and it ran nice, and also dont feel like the lone ranger as far as learning by yourself, if you can find help find it, if not and you want to learn yourself, then by all means dont quit, i am self learning and have been at it now for a year and a half, i live out near death valley ca. and had no choice,so i was determined and now fly a ucd 46 and and fly with confidence now thanks to this site and all the great people here, but ill give you one piece of advice and that is dont believe everything you read here if 5 or 6 people confirm a point then go for it and after a while youll know whats bogus and whats not, but this is a great source for info, good luck and have fun. just fly in circles and take it slow and itll come to ya, im on my 6th plane and love this hobby!oh and W8ye is a goood source[X(]
Old 06-19-2005, 05:43 PM

I forgot about the left-right bit.

You might have your planes longer if you practice running your plane around on the ground until you are blue in the face. Run the plane towards you and then let it continue away from you. You'll get the left-right bit down in no time. what happens is you put yourself in the plane and it doesn't matter which way its headed.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 06-19-2005, 05:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i tried getting in mine once jim, sure woulda been fun
Old 06-19-2005, 06:41 PM

It's a virtual thing.