Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 1.00 4Str. Help! Beginner

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 1.00 4Str. Help! Beginner

Hi,

I just bought a brand new Saito 1.00 engine. Readind the instruction manual and my Hangar 9 P-40 Warhawk assembly instructions, I still have some questions:

1-It is recommended to put a few drops of "light oil" in the crankcase and valve lifters. What brand and type of oil should I use?

2-By accident, I unscrewed the low speed idle needle valve; this screw was adjusted at the factory and it was recommended not to change this setting. What can I do now? Can I find the factory setting somewhere?

3-What is the standard tubing configuration with the tank? In my H9 Manual there was a note about using only 2 of the 3 gas cap wholes. I ended up using 3: one for the pick-up line, connected to the carburator spray bar, another one, vent, connected to the pressure nipple on the muffler and finally a third one for fill-up. How do you route the tubes under the plane and shut the gas pumping tube? Did I do something wrong?

Please advise.

Luc