Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

3-d prop os fs 70ll

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3-d prop os fs 70ll

what 3-d prop for this engine.whit 13*6 it revs in about 10,000 rpm.
Is the apc 14*4w a good prop for 3-d or 14*4?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 3-d prop os fs 70ll

There is no universally deal prop for that engine or any other. The best prop for you will depend on the motors performance, and to no small extent, the weight of the airplane it's attached to.

The 13-6 is an appropriate load for the OS.70 ( I have three of them). Since the 14-4 loads the motor roughly the same as the 13-6, it seems to me that it would be a viable choice for the motor, and for 3D style flying.

All you can really do is give it a try and see how you like the result. Worst case scenario...you take it off and try something else.

Good Luck.

'Race
Old 06-21-2005, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3-d prop os fs 70ll

I agree. It also depends a lot on your flying site. I'm 700 ASL and I can hover with the 70 fsII on a U-Can-Do .46 w/ an APC 14x4w on 12.5% nitro. Now... I don't do that every day... just when I'm out of straight nitro to make the fuel 30%. If you are going to go with the .70 on a .40-.50 size 3d plane, seriously consider radical weight reduction and 30% heli fuel. I'm not one of the "put a .90 on a .40" guys, but I do believe in adequate power. Run 30% heli and a 14x4w, and you can get performance that equals your Saito friends. Plus, you get the great OS "set and forget" reputation and durability. Save a few dollars by buying the lowest nitro fuel possible and adding your own nitro that you can buy at a race shop. Don't let the nay-sayers get to you. Anyone who has any math knowledge whatsoever can find out how much nitro to add to get a desired blend.