Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
 Global Hobby - Unacceptable service - RESOLVED >

Global Hobby - Unacceptable service - RESOLVED

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Global Hobby - Unacceptable service - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Global Hobby - Unacceptable service - RESOLVED

THE ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED. GLOBAL HOBBY HAS MADE IT RIGHT, AND I ENTHUSIASTICALLY THANK THEM!

I sent in my Magnum 91 4 stroke last December for stripped out exhaust threads in the HEAD of the engine. I recieved it back within 2 weeks. Flying season comes along, and I had it mounted back in my UCD 60 in late April. I fired her up for the first time, and the thing ran like crap. At full throttle it blew misted fuel all over the place. I was told it was my timing. Not sure why they would've messed with my timing for just a head replacement. This raised the question that this wasn't even my engine. After talking to 'MikeG' on the Global forums, he suggested I send it back. I shipped it back, and recieved it in 3 weeks or so.

Last night, I go to install it back in the UCD. I got the engine mounted back on, and was screwing the exhaust (which came back to me with the exhaust elbow already screwed on) on and noticed the nipple wasn't in the right place to clear the cowl. I loosened the jam nut and tried to turn the exhaust. It wouldn't turn. I clamped it in a vice, still wouldn't budge. I applied heat from a torch and got her good and hot. FINALLY, she budged. I get the exhaust off, and lo and behold, it was full of JB WELD!!! My Global reciept says 'Reconditioned engine'. I know this is the same engine that I sent off in April, as it had a yellowish residue on the case. No way in hell is it a 'recon'. And no way in hell that was my exhaust. I'm seeing red at this point, and really would like a refund on my engine. This is pure BS. I like Magnum engines, but I may not ever buy another because of this.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Global Hobby - Unacceptable service

Stuff happens. I suggest you send a letter, strong but not insulting, to them and ask them for a new engine. They may have a staff problem and they probably know it.
Just explain what happened and I would be surprised if they didn't send you another engine.

Most of the top companies will do this for goodwill.

3dbob
Old 08-12-2005, 10:36 AM

I've tried no less than 12 times to call them...line is ALWAYS busy! I finally got it to ring yesterday at 2PM their time...got an answering machine . This isn't going well.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:36 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Any time you send a engine in to any of the vendors, Do not send anymore with it than necessary. They seem to always get them mixed up. That goes for all of them.

I also mark my parts.

In the past with Mike Greenshields {sp} at Global, If you could get in touch with him, it is made right.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 08-15-2005, 12:52 PM

After 30+ phone calls, all ending in busy signals, I fainally got through today! I explained my situation, and they tell me 'the reason our tech JB welded the exhaust PIPE onto the elbow, was because you was having trouble with my exhaust loosening up'. True, but y probelm was with the HEAD, not the PIPE!! It's still a load of BS, because the pipe they sent me was stripped out!!! It's not my PIPE!!

They then wanted me to send back just the pipe and elbow. I said, it's stripped out and junk, why should I spend money shipping junk back when it was their mistake? They then agreed to send me a new exhaust pipe and elbow. Now I get to wait 2 more weeks to get this engine running. 4-6 weeks and flying season is OVER up here in Montana. And there is still no gaurantee that this engine will run, as it is defintley NOT my engine!! My Magnum ran flawlessly inverted in my UCD. If this is somebody elses worn out 91, and it runs like crap, I'm going to hit the roof!! End rant.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:09 AM

I couldn't stand the wait any longer, so I borrowed a pipe from my buddy to see how the engine runs. I never had an idle problem before I sent this engine in for the first time. It is inverted in a UCD 60, and after fooling around for 3 hours last night, finally gave up. I can't get this engine to idle any lower than 4000 before she hiccups and dies. I replaced the glow plug, and exhaustibly adjusted needles. I wonder if I call and demand a refund what they will do? These guys have taken a simple part replacement and turned it into a disaster! I'm at my wit's end here guys. I send in a perfectly running engine with less than 3 gallons of fuel through it, and end up with somebody elses wore out hunk of junk that doesn't idle for crap.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:51 PM

Thanks Global Hobby! I wish a plague of locusts on you!
[sm=lol.gif]
Old 08-18-2005, 10:51 PM
My Feedback: (14)

I don't think you will not get your money back but they may give you a credit or a new engine. Write a polite letter and carefully explain all that has transpired and send the engine back with the receipt. Then buy a Saito or OS or Enya and sell the Magnum.

How old is the engine? Would it still be under warranty? Do you have the receipt?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:59 PM
My Feedback: (87)

sorry, but I'm having a hard time buying this thread. I have never experienced problems contacting Global for tech support, and certainly never had to call more than 1 or 2 times. 30 times sounds like an exxageration, I'm sorry. Call them, speak to Mike Greenshields, and he will make it right. I've had nothing but great experiences with them.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:08 AM

I just came across this thread. It's 2 am and indeed I am at home and do not have any information to address your complaints in details.

However, I have forwarded this thread to our service manager and asked him to take care of this. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like.

Our service email is [email protected]
My direct email is [email protected]

I am sorry for this situation and I'm sure we will resolve it immediately.

Regards,

Mike Greenshields
Product Manager
Global Hobby
Old 08-19-2005, 05:06 AM
My Feedback: (9)

Looks like Mr. Greenshields is pretty willing to help out here.
He took time to register on RCU to contact you. Sounds to me your problem is solved.
Mike
Old 08-19-2005, 06:23 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

I have always had good luck with this vendor and consider their customer service very good. I for one will continue to purchase hobby products from them and am glad they are in the hobby.

Sorry you had a poor experience.

JEB
Old 08-19-2005, 10:27 AM

ORIGINAL: MikeGreenshields

I just came across this thread. It's 2 am and indeed I am at home and do not have any information to address your complaints in details.

However, I have forwarded this thread to our service manager and asked him to take care of this. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like.

Our service email is [email protected]
My direct email is [email protected]

I am sorry for this situation and I'm sure we will resolve it immediately.

Regards,

Mike Greenshields
Product Manager
Global Hobby

Mike, I will be contacting you directly. I hate that this has happened, as I really like the Magnum engines. I wish I could've talked to you directly back in April, and maybe all of this could've been avoided. You guys really should look at who you have answering the phone, 30 tries calling was NOT an exaggeration, and the way he brushed me off was discouraging to say the least. If this is made right, of course I will be singing your praises, but a guy can't really be blamed for feeling how I feel. This has been like somebody's idea of a really bad joke for me.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:33 AM

ORIGINAL: RCAddiction

sorry, but I'm having a hard time buying this thread.
Sorry, you are wrong. What in the hell would I have to gain by making this up? Check out my forum history, and you will see that I praise more than I condemn. Believe me, I would rather spend the time it took to write this thread flying my UCD. Yes, it looks like Mike G is going to help me out, and the fact that he joined RCU just to respond to me tells me that we are on the road to recovery here.

What would you do in the same situation? Maybe you should look at that possibility before jumping on the naysayer bandwagon.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:57 AM

deadeye,

How old is the engine and do you still have the receipt? Just wondering.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Skypilot_one

deadeye,

How old is the engine and do you still have the receipt? Just wondering.
Skypilot, at the time of the initial December send off, it was less than a year old. Had maybe 3 gallons of fuel through her. Yes, I have the receipt.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:37 AM

Global contacted me this morning. After explaining this situation, I was told to ship back the engine, and they will send me a NEW one! Thank you Global Hobby and Mike G. for you attention to this matter. I wish things didn't have to go so far, but you guys have made it right now. This thread will be edited to reflect this change in events.

Thank God I can feel good about buying more Magnums. I need two for a Tigercat this winter...which ones I wonder?
Old 08-19-2005, 11:42 AM

I sent a .91 2 stroke back last month to get an estimate on replacing a broken crankshaft. Two weeks later, I get a BRAND NEW engine back in the mail, no charge. Sorry you had such a crappy experience, but I'm sure happy with the service they gave me.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:42 PM
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Global Hobby - Unacceptable service - RESOLVED

Glad to see this resolved. I have been a fan of Magnum engines for a while now, and part of the reason is the great service, I have read about, but never needed. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-19-2005, 06:28 PM
AMB

I had bought 2 AP-hornet 09s One was super one had poor compression
after careful break in I had a new one back in a week. Unfortunate events
happen, defects can creep in on anything. The Hobby industry as a whole
I think has the best customer service out there, I had a problem with a
Tower purchase again resolved in less than a week. These folks should give lessons to car and appliance dealers nuff said martin
Old 08-19-2005, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: dieseldan

These folks should give lessons to car and appliance dealers nuff said martin
Now "that" could change the world!!
Old 08-20-2005, 02:05 AM

Not to knock a good ending but these magnum stories become funnier every time I read them. I have a mag .28 xl that from the box I had to seal the low speed needle with nylon tape to keep it from vibrating around when in flight . I wrecked my modeltech extra 300 from multiple dead sticks with this engine. I just want to know from Mr. Greenshields what is being done to better the production of the magnum engines? Your customer service can be praised endlessly but if the engines are not made well from the beginning what difference will it make for the hobbyist that attempt to depend on your engines ?

Also did you know there is a web site on how to alter the mag .28xl right out of the box to get it to run properly ?
Old 08-20-2005, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: RC-FIEND

Not to knock a good ending but these magnum stories become funnier every time I read them. I have a mag .28 xl that from the box I had to seal the low speed needle with nylon tape to keep it from vibrating around when in flight . I wrecked my modeltech extra 300 from multiple dead sticks with this engine. I just want to know from Mr. Greenshields what is being done to better the production of the magnum engines? Your customer service can be praised endlessly but if the engines are not made well from the beginning what difference will it make for the hobbyist that attempt to depend on your engines ?

Also did you know there is a web site on how to alter the mag .28xl right out of the box to get it to run properly ?
What did the people at Global say when you mentioned the problem with your motor to them? You did notify them you had a problem, I would assume.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:56 AM

Can't speak to the 2 strokes but I have 6 (4 .91's and 2 .70's) and they are the best 4 strokes out there for the money IMHO.. I also have 4 Saito's and have a lot of trouble with them... Two of them, Saito .72's keep developing air leaks where ithe intake goes into the head.. All it seems to take is a "pop" and the intake manifold backs right out and starts leaking..
Old 08-20-2005, 11:04 AM

What did the people at Global say when you mentioned the problem with your motor to them? You did notify them you had a problem, I would assume.
I never called Global do to the fact I feel if their product is poorly manufactured I shouldn't be paying for shipping to get it fix. I got the engine to run right so I was satisfied and did'nt want to be bothered . The problem I am having is all of the problems people are experiencing with particular engines are not going away. So therefore I will only warn others of the problems I had and will wait for Global to put out a written statement saying all of the problems are resolved before buying another MAGNUM engine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.