Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 11:39 AM

Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
Hmmmm
HK
More imported Chinese products.
Never want to see another communist government's product in my American home. Been trying to avoid their slave made trash for years.
Didn't appreciate Jings latest export at all. Didn't seem to want the China bug on his own soil.
Time to redouble our restoration of American manufacturing.
Stop selling the world our natural resources without equity.
Neutralize opec. Refine in the USA. Control global petroleum and natural gas supplies to manipulate the global markets.
Crank up the American Military Machine to stimulate the economy and restore infrastructure sadly neglected. Then
Sent new exports to the Chinese government.
Oops.
Saito Saito Saito
Oops, looks like we hit a nerve boys.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
Good luck finding US made covering in a roll longer than 6'. Monokote may not even be made in the US anymore, and that is the only one that was.
Good observations for sure. Constantly struggling to find things that should be made here. And failing.
I for one am hoping we fix that condition.
We speak with cash. Time they start listening.
Especially our "politicians"
Can't blame the corporation, they exist to feed, grow and create prosperity.
It was our politicians that planted in the wrong soil. We reap the harvest and go hungry.
Or wake up and change the seed plot.
The dirt we are launguishing in is poison.
Sorry guys.
I am done.
But what about that Saito....
Old 04-20-2020, 12:16 PM

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Made in Japan. LOL remember when there was a big stink over all the electronics being made in Japan? At least there was competition with RCA and Zenith, then those all got bought out, and left to rot on the vine. Hate to say it but the days of simplistic, long lasting products are long gone thanks to the got to have it crowd. I mean, who really needs internet access from their refrigerator? Because of "green" energy and crap like that, I lost thousands on a new refrigerator. Bought an LG, it died under warranty and couldn't be fixed, thankfully LG sent me a check to cover what we spent on it, then went to Sears. Remember when Kenmore was a trusted brand? Not anymore, the damned thing was made by LG. It died, this time no way to fix it, out of warranty by a few months, the compressor was covered, but not the labor, and no guarantee the replacement compressor will fix it. $3000 gone just like that. In the meantime an old GE side by side we bought in 2001 is still working, though it freezes on the cold side. It just eats electricity. We now have an old fashioned Whirlpool side by side, not as much room as the LG/Kenmore, but no fancy compressor that dies at random. That is another company that is no longer made here.

All those shuttered factories cannot be restarted without major gutting and rebuilding, better to level and start over, but who has the capitol to start fresh? Labor is also a killer of USA made. A lot of automation is needed in order to compete with slave labor markets. Trump was on the right track with the Tarrifs, bring the cost of slave labor goods up to where the prices are competitive to locally made products, unfortunately this Chinese made Pandemic got in the way, he was so close too. I would love to see more products with Made in USA on them, and not just these small cheap things like toilet paper.

I used to watch Shark Tank, and people would parade themselves and their product in front of these 4 or 5 self made billionaires, heads of successful companies, and they always brought up cheap manufacturing, AKA China. Quite a few of the entrepreneurs were touting made in America as their tag line, and got beat down because they weren't bringing the cost of production down by going overseas. Defeats the Made in America reasoning.

The company I work for sells a lot of Chinese made items, one reason, not much of what is cataloged is made in the US, and second, no profit for those that are made. It is very hard to list an item made in the US for $40, and an identical product can be purchased for half that. They will never sell. Pretty sad state of affairs our state of affairs are in.

I was watching the protests over in Michigan and a few other states. They want to get back to work, but I don't think they realize that todays factories run on Just In Time inventory. There are no longer warehouses full of parts, instead the warehouses stock enough for a days worth of production. They may be able to get back on the assembly line, but they won't have any parts to build with until the rest of the country, and suppliers from Canada and Mexico are back up and running and shipping parts. Ford has the 5.0 built in Canada, which is in shut down, so no inventory of V8 engines for the F150, Borg Warner is in shut down and the plant where the Ecoboost turbos are made was damaged in storms, so no Ecoboost engines will be available either. The same holds true for all the rest of the car manufacturers.

Anyway, I have to clear my bench so I can pull out the saito from that 4* and the radio, have a delivery to setup.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:16 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

hey Capt, you have a box coming with 3 smelly engines in it, please forgive LOL all the tap LOL there are reasons for it all LOL
1) the wife bought me some tape, it was super cheap, so I used a bit extra. I bought some better stuff and I threw away the cheap stuff when I got home.
2) "to much tape is just enough" I say.
3) well the box had been around so it had a lot of tape on it. when I took a look at it had your name and address on it, when I took off that sticker it had another name "Hobbs" on a different sticker, and there was some other name on it I did not recognize. so the box has been around LOL
4) LOL well, once I got it all taped up and ready to go I looked down and there sat a muffler that should have been in the box. sO, I had to open it. put the muffler in, and re tape it LOL

as for the engines I hope you can find a use for them,
1) the TT Gp 40 is in very good shape, the piston and liner are great.
2) the G-Mark has only been run once on the bench. it should be worth $35, I have seen them sell NIB for over $60. but this one has no box.
3) the 61fx has been hot tanked in antifreeze, has new quality NTN bearings. after rebuild it was run 2+ tanks on the bench, it will run but the pinch is gone so it needs a new piston and liner.

do with them what you want, keep them, sell them or give them away, it's all good with me !!
I will PM you the tracking number.

sorry Guys for not using the word Saito here, but Saitos are really great engines !!

Hey Pete notice I did not say OS or even 2st in all ^those^ words ??

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 04-20-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:27 PM

hey, any jawing on that pink plane with it's pink pilot, with it's pink wings and it's pink tail and it's pink engine. hummm I'm just wondering if it's going to have a pink prop and a pink spinner and pink rims and tires ??

what's the skinny on it ??

Jim
Old 04-20-2020, 01:27 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 281 Likes on 243 Posts

Face it manufacturing is a lot more complicated than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Trump placed tariffs on Chinese goods and all he did was succeed it driving consumer costs up and shutting down US manufacturers that could no long get raw materials from China. The steel industry is one example, US manufacturers need certain types of raw materials from China to produce their steel products, the tariffs shut them down. US Steel continues to close US based plants when they are no longer profitable rather than upgrade them. The owners used them as cash cows rather then take the long view and make investments in upgrades and improvements to make them cheaper and more efficient to run. Those old steel plants shut down years ago are built on antiquated technology they are just so much scrap iron too expense to run and not worth the trouble to tear down to recycle the metal in their furnaces. Trump was going to save the coal industry he efforts were a miserable failure. Did anyone really believe he wasn't going to fail knowing the facts? The coal industry is dead and buried. The few coal mining companies still operating are selling coal to a list of customers who don't have the inclination or the money to upgrade their plants. Slowly they are closing the plants as they squeeze the last dime of profit out of them and then they will walk away from them. Who wants to buy coal when US natural gas is cheaper to buy cheaper to use and it doesn't degrade the equipment burning it like coal and doesn't leave the huge of waste that has to be disposed of after burning it. Many of the proposed coal fired plants were switch to natural gas because they are cheaper to build than cal fired even without the EPA requirements. If CNG fueling stations ever get as wide spread as gasoline station you will see a lot of cars going to CNG over gasoline if the price stays down. Any of you mechanics ever tear down a automobile engine that ran on Propane instead of gasoline? I have seen it done the difference inside are night and day compared to an engine run on gasoline. Steel plants, power plants, old manufacturing plants are just like the old dilapidated apartment complexes dotting US cities, the owners hang on to them because they can still use them as tax write offs. Think about it every town of any size has at least one of them. The owners are usually out of state, the local governments don't dare to condemn them because they would have to foot the bill for the demolition and they don't have the money the budget is too tight already. They can throw a lien against the derelict property but what good does that do the owners aren't selling the property because it isn't worth anything. Long story short things are a lot more complicated than you think. Tariffs don't fix problems the just raise the cost to the end consumer.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:45 PM

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
Oops, looks like we hit a nerve boys.
Not at all. Just too much time to think. Our Governor is giving us some time to mull this over.lol
Old 04-20-2020, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hyjinx
Not at all. Just too much time to think. Our Governor is giving us some time to mull this over.lol
you know I told my wife a long time ago, "no more GE appliances" they are all Chinese junk. we bought a new GE close washer, the dealer said it had 27 improvements, well in 5 years it was totally shot, the GE dryer 7 years, we had 2 GE dish washers, both shot at the age of 7. GE food disposal, dead in 2 years. all junk junk junk. we bought that stuff on sale, no more GE junk here, and never again.

some of the higher grade food companies that have been around for 60, 70, 80 years are doing the same thing> lowering the grade of their products. we bought our favored crackers, I went to crush them before I put them in my soup and when I did half of them turned to powder, wont by them again !!

and many of the well known Coffee companies have lowered the quality of their coffee. even Dunkin has lowered the quality of their coffee ! all for Mo Money !

my wife bought a new Rav-4, every time it rains the brake pads rust and they grind for a few miles. <that's a funny thing, cause my Van is a 2004 Toyota van and it has the original brakes and at 93,00 it's brake do not rust when it rains. when I called the Dealer and told the guy about the brakes the guy told me "yes that can happen, just drive it a few miles" well I told him that it's not good for the disks; he told me to drive it there and they would look at it. I told the guy "well if I drive it to your dealership the brakes wont make the grinding noise when I get there".

you open your eyes too far you may see where things are going. I really feel for my kids and grand kids, things are going to get tougher for them and their kids.

and what I have learned, why these companies do not care if you buy from them again. well it's simple. it's because there are millions of people behind you that are willing to buy their garbage !!

yee-up, that's my rant and I'm sticking behind it, because I am correct !!

be careful my Saito Freak friends. don't be take-n any wooden Saitos

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 04-20-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:16 AM
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Well now Jim, my wife would run you off with a broom, I just yesterday ordered a new GE dish washer from Amazon. We are replacing a 1984 model GE and 6 months ago I replaced her 1984 GE range with a new GE. I'm glad we agree an Saito's being fine engines. I'll install the dish washer myself and our trash collection site still takes appliances.

I have the 125 in the PSP with a Glo-Devil 4c Special for Saito and Enya, I like them because they come right down to the inner surface of the combustion chamber.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:45 AM

Dave, my 115 is ready for the compo testing against my 125. The new bearing install on the 125 was giving me fits last night so I gave up on it. I'll try again this morning but still want to wait until I receive the factory tail piece for the muffler. Probably won't make any difference in peak power but fair is fair.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:56 AM

When it comes to appliance replacement I guess I'm the odd duck. I have a wall oven and Microwave/convection oven in Kenmore, dishwasher is a Bosch, flat cooktop is a Frigidaire Gallery, and refrigerator is an LG. We prefer white appliances and they are hard t find now days. Each one with the exception of the Microwave/convection was bought in the Scratch and Dent/open box area or was a floor model. The Bosch and LG were close to the top of the line but were ordered incorrectly but were still new in the package. The Kenmore oven was an open box and the cooktop a floor model. The item needing repair was the Kenmore wall oven the control board went out during a electrical store I think. I fixed it myself. Oh I forgot the washer dryer combo is largest capacity Maytag Bravos we could buy and at least 20 years old. The dryer has had the drum rollers and belt replaced. I suspect the dryer has a temp sensor acting up but it is still working. Our system of purchase is the wife tells me what features she wants I go look to see whats available, research the appliance history and bring her back to the store and tell her what to choose from. Appliances are like car batteries, dozens of brands but only 2 or 3 manufacturers. Kenmore has never built a single appliance since it started they were always made by one of the majors under contract and it change several times over the life of the company. And like furnaces and air conditions the internal parts are made by just a few parts companies and in about every brand made. Right now you go out a new refrigerator it is going to have either a LG compressor, Samsung compressor and or a third brand. The problem with refrigerators is they build them with a slightly too small compressor to get the energy rating they need from the US and Canadian regulations. These regulations are the reason LG and Samsung developed their own high efficiency compressors. They are two different technology systems but are about equal in efficiency both are better then the old traditional design still made by the third company.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:13 AM

My wife is particularly particular about her brands, so it's a Chevy car, GE appliances, I don't dare mention her soaps and shampoo's. She kept her Mitsubishi until the engine lunched at 240,000 miles but only because it was a gift from her youngest daughter, then back to Chevy.

It's good to know about the LG and Samsung compressors.

The Glo-Devil sits flush with the combustion chamber roof, most others are recessed.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:28 AM

I see the placement, the added length must get more fire to the fuel mixture and keep the engine running smoothly even when rich.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:14 AM

Dave, where do you buy the Glo-Devil's ??
as for our bad luck with GE, if you go back some 15 or so years their close & dish washers and dryers were made in China, the dealer told me they are not made in China now.

Mike, as for
refrigerators; the big dealer here as well as the the salesmen at the H-Depot say tells today's refrigerators expected life time is only 8 to 12 years. ours is 10 years old this year .

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 04-21-2020 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:54 PM

https://www.hobbyzone.com/field/sot3...0aAp9jEALw_wcB
The picture at the Sonic Tronics site is wrong, this picture came from Hobby Zone and is correct.

The correct part number at sonictronics.com is SOT302

Last edited by Hobbsy; 04-21-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:18 PM

thanks Dave !!

Jim
Old 04-22-2020, 05:04 AM

Dave is that the correct plug for all Saito and Enya 4 cycles?
Old 04-22-2020, 05:12 AM

They work well in the Saitos, I no longer own any Enya or OS four strokes.

Here is the link with the wrong picture: https://www.sonictronics.us/glow-plu...nd-hp-engines/

Last edited by Hobbsy; 04-22-2020 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:30 AM

I'm always up for trying new things to make my 4 strokes run better. So far I've tried Fox Miracle, Enya #4, Merlin 9006, Saito SS and OS-F plugs. Can't see a nickel's worth of difference in how they perform with my 15% fuel. Perhaps if I was running no nitro or high nitro I would have seen a difference?
These days I just run the OS-F plugs, easy to get, run great and last seemingly forever when installed after the intial break in period is over. I would like to try a Glowdevil at some point though.

Last edited by Glowgeek; 04-22-2020 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:01 AM

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Fox Miracle and Merlin are ones I run without issues. Have a couple OS-F floating around too.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:46 AM

I appreciate everyone's input on glow plug selection! Thanks guys!
Old 04-22-2020, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Dave is that the correct plug for all Saito and Enya 4 cycles?
Mike, that may depend on compression ratios.

Jim
Old 04-22-2020, 02:08 PM

Thanks Jim I will make a point of reading the manual in that regard. I know crazy talk right?
Old 04-22-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
I'm always up for trying new things to make my 4 strokes run better. So far I've tried Fox Miracle, Enya #4, Merlin 9006, Saito SS and OS-F plugs. Can't see a nickel's worth of difference in how they perform with my 15% fuel. Perhaps if I was running no nitro or high nitro I would have seen a difference?
These days I just run the OS-F plugs, easy to get, run great and last seemingly forever when installed after the intial break in period is over. I would like to try a Glowdevil at some point though.
Lonnie, so you like trying new things LOL,, here, click my link, scroll down a bit.

just know their prices went up. I have bought a few but it's to cold for me to try these new things

Jim
K&B and FOX GLOW PLUGS

Old 04-22-2020, 02:19 PM

Wow! The prices have jumped a bit!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.