Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 281 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by 1200SportsterRider
I ran across an image of an earlier version of the Bristol, I liked the grill and prop driver and I'll comment on my fuel tank choice. The .125" dowels for the grill are coming tomorrow from the almost everything comes tomorrow place.

Earlier Bristol

The olive drab washer will be the front of the more authentic looking prop hub, both tanks are 8oz. even though the Dubro,on the left is slightly taller and longer. The fuel line attachments line up perfectly with the hole in the firewall. The Sullivan's fuel line attachments are well above the firewall hole, they would have to bend sharply go to the engine compartment. Normally I'm a Sullivan guy all the way but not this time.
One airplane I built but never got to fly before it had a fatal accident was the Dr Michael Hawkins Dornier-D.1 from Flying Scale Models issues Sep and Oct 2006. It was the radiator that caught my eye. He powered it with an Enya .46 4C MK II.

Old Today, 01:39 AM

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks Mike, I have often wondered if that name is pronounced Dornyay or Dorneer..
Old Today, 02:28 AM
My Feedback: (27)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes Gary
Old Today, 04:08 AM

Received 95 Likes on 87 Posts

Pete, that was used to eject case vented products into the muffler. Never really caught on.
I am using a side tap on the velocity stack to handle case vent juice. Makes a huge difference.

Old Today, 05:08 AM

Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts

Yep, imo that's the best way to recycle the CC vent oil. The oil slugs get thoroughly remixed before entering the intake port.

Routing the CC vent to higher up on the intake manifold (OS style) works too but can cause some sporadic running behavior (transition from idle) as slugs of CC oil enter the intake port.

One day I'll do the mod to all my Saitos.