Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

Received 104 Likes on 96 Posts

I bought the Spektrum version from Prop Shop Hobbies in Warren Michigan. He does internet sales if interested.

Turns out the transponder downloads a lot of data to your phone in real time.
Position, altitude, vertical and horizontal speed etc. Position shows up on a map overlay. An on screen arrow points to the plane and displays current distance. Also shows a recorded trace of the current flight path.

Actually does quite a bit and could easily pay off if you went down in a five hundred acre cornfield

Last edited by Jesse Open; Yesterday at 02:16 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

arrg, now I got to get a cell phone LOL
you know I had one some 18 years ago. but one day, on the way home from a good day of flying, I got a call. I pull over, it was my daughter. she was screaming about a fight she had with her brother. when I got home I gave the phone to my wife and said "never again. I still won't have one.
Old Today, 03:12 AM

LOL
Sorry for causing you to recall such trauma !
The cell phone isn’t mandatory.
They do have a few welcome features now: Call blocking, you can opt to send all calls direct to voice mail, and there is always the power switch.

On the other hand, at some fields, cell phone or not, the transponders are now required if you want to fly. Should have been obvious I don’t like it either.
The cell phone data was mentioned simply as a positive side.

Last edited by Jesse Open; Today at 03:21 AM.
Old Today, 03:56 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 372 Likes on 300 Posts

Too many old guys at flying fields for me not to be able to call 911 if something happens. I get your aversion to them though.
Old Today, 04:20 AM

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I call mine the "electronic leash", my wife pays for it or I would not have it. Methuselah was one year older than my first gf at 969 years, he introduced me to Saitos.
Old Today, 08:42 AM

I used to ride solo motorcycle trips and rode a lot at night. Often over 1000 miles from home. Add to that , many of the bikes I ride often are over 20 years old. Cell phones can be more helpful than a tool box at times.
My wife and I both felt better that I had a phone with me.
Besides, I don’t have any daughters and my two sons got along together very well. So, since we got that part right, I don’t mind the phone.
The power down option is always there .

And I introduced Methuselah to Saitos
Asked him not to tell Dave but he did anyhow.

Don’t know about the old guys. At our field it seems everybody getting hurt is younger than me.

Last edited by Jesse Open; Today at 09:26 AM.
Old Today, 09:46 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

you guys are hilarious LOL

Lonnie, I'm happy to hear your sons get along!!. I remember my two older brothers working on a minibike's muffler. they got so mad at each other, the scarred one ran off and the other (<his minibike) threw a wrench at him and hit him square in the middle of his back. oh the memories of fun times passed.

Jim,