Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Throttle Servo Speed Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:20 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Servo Speed Adjustment

I have a Super Tiger 61 ABC with a Bisson Pitts muffler that after many hours of adjusting I finally got it running fairly good but still have some problems with it flaming out when I transition the throttle quickly. I can go two or three flights without a problem then suddenly I have to make a dead stick landing. I've read several post about this combo and have talked to Super Tigre and Bisson and have come to the conclusion that I am not getting as much tank pressure as I was getting with the stock muffler. This lack of pressure is giving me poor transition with this engine that I did'nt have with the stock muffler. One solution that seems to be the best is adding a Perry Pump to keep the fuel pressure more constant. Not really wanting to spend more money on this $100 engine or drilling holes in the back plate I have been trying to come up with a different solution.

I was reading through my new Futaba 9C manual and found a setting for the throttle servo that adjusts the speed that it moves. Have any of you ever used this setting to resolve a problem of this sort? I find that if I am not overly aggressive with the throttle this combo runs fairly good but if I transition really fast it is likely to die on me. I have no problem with it loading up when idling for 2 or 3 minutes and I have had the Super Tiger experts at our club make all the correct adjustments. It has to be tank pressure is not what it should be. I don't want to pinch off one of the stacks on the pitts either. I understand restricting the exhaust can cause over heating. Has anyone had success with slowing the throttle servo down to help with transition problems?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:13 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Throttle Servo Speed Adjustment

i say adjust those motor needles especially the low speed needle