Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Magnum VS OS or ASP parts....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Magnum VS OS or ASP parts....

Anybody know if there's any interchangeability between Magnum and OS parts? I managed to leave a lock nut loose on my Mag 91's exhaust valve, the result of which was two nice holes in the valve cover and a broken adjuster. Global is out of stock, I went to my LHS to have a look in the OS parts bin but they didn't have any adjusters to look at. If worse comes to worse I can rob one off my 120, as the plane it's going in is far from being done, but I would rather not. So if anyone has two cents to contribute, I'd be glad to hear it...

Andy
Old 11-30-2005, 11:29 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Magnum VS OS or ASP parts....

I have both engines but don't go looking at them everyday. I have played a little bit about swapping parts. I do know that on the 91's the ASP/Magnum valve cover will not work on the OS but the OS valve cover will work on the Magnum.

Seems like the valves are different that the Magnum/ASP has a horse shoe valve keeper and the OS has keys like a 350 Chevy engine?

Some of this you will never know unless you try it.

Also I've seemed to garner that just because the OS and Magnum may have the same bore and stroke, it doesn't mean that very many parts will inter change. For example the Exhaust pipe on the 91's... Why, they are both 11 mm but the Magnum/ASP is 1 mm pitch whereas the OS is .75mm pitch on the threads.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 12-01-2005, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I broke the tappet adjusting screw on my 91 mag last summer. Global did not have it in stock and it took about 6 weeks to get one. They lost the order too. I had to order the entire rocker assembly which was 37 dollars. I finally did get the order and the engine runs happily now. I wonder what would have happened if I had sent the engine back.

Good luck,

Slopoke
Old 12-01-2005, 07:48 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ASP, SC, and Magnum are made by the same company and in most instances they will be identical.

There's a good ASP dealer in England www.justengines.unseen.org He's good about stocking ASP parts and ships all over the world.

In the two strokes, sometimes one brand will be ringed and the other will be ABC.

The Four strokes are alike as long as the engines are the same age.

Enjoy,

Jim