Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please

I am interested in buying a nitro gas powered plane, mainly the CMP 40 Super Chipmunk Radio RC plane w/ a 2c~~40 4c~~52 engine and 4 channel 4 servo radio. My question is how do I find the proper engine for this plane. I have benn looking and looking but I have not been successful. So if any could please help me I would greatly appreicate it. Thanks
Old 05-19-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help Please

I don't understand your problem. You need to give more info. It shounds like you are a newbie. If so have you learned to fly with a trainer yet. The engine choice is your preferance. If you like normal power then you listed the manufactures recommendation. If you like to overpower it, then you need to be concerned about the weight of the engine as well. I don't recommend that a newbie overpower an airplane, as they tend to be heavier and thus you will be more likely to stall and crash on approach or have more hard landings.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:20 AM

I couldn't agree more.
If you are new to the sport, visit some of the local clubs and speak to the instructors. If you have more than one club nearby, visit them all and get a feel for which one will suit you best.

As for the engine choice. Go with the common brands (OS, Magnum, Saito, Thunder Tiger, Tower, Evolution, Super Tigre and a whole host of others) Find out what brand your Local Hobby shop distributes mostly and consider that brand - it is more likely that parts will be readily available that way.

If it is your first Glow Plane, I would suggest a 2 stroke, My personal preferences would be OS 40FX, OS 46AX, Evolution 46 or Magnum 2 cycle - I am sure that there are as many opinions out there as there are fliers as to what is the best motor to use.

One thing is for sure in this sport - you get near a group of fliers and 99.999% of them are more than willing to assist you.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:00 AM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Call on the phone or go see one of the people in the link below in your area for their recomendations....

Click on this link > http://www.modelaircraft.org/ClubZip...x?z=07601&d=25
Old 05-19-2006, 10:37 AM

Thanks alot! This plane is not for me it is a birthday gift. I am starting with an electirc plane, one recommended for beginners.