Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

New Four Stroke on the Market

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New Four Stroke on the Market

This new engine appears almost identical to a Y-S 63S engine? There are two models

Jiangnan Blue Arrow
JBA MODEL ENGINE
Manufacturer: Xiangtan Jiangnan Model Engine Co.,Ltd

Add:Xiangtan City,Hunan Provine,P.R.China
Tel:Â 0086-732-8300820Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Fax: 0086-732-8300821Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
 E-mail:   [email protected]

http://www.jnmxyq.tooro.com/index/61...o.asp?id=17307

ASP engines (Hong Kong)Ltd.
Address: A3 5/F, Cambria Count, 81 Kung Lok Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, HONG KONG.
TEL: 00852-2344-7535
FAX: 00852-2343-4062

Kange Industrial USA Ltd
Address: 49 E. Industry Court Unit N, Deer Park, NY 117229
TEL: 631-274-3058
FAX: 631-274-3296
http://www.kangeussa.com

Size FS65AR
Disp (cc) 10.72
Bore (mm) 26.8
Stroke (mm) 19
Output (hp/r.p.m) 1.8/15000
Crankshaft threads 8X1
Weight (oz) 17.7
Prop size 13X8
Practical range 2000/9300 rpm

Size FS75AR
Disp (cc) 12.25
Bore (mm) 27.25
Stroke (mm) 21
Output (hp/r.p.m) 2/15000
Crankshaft threads 8X1
Weight (oz) 17.7
Prop size 13X8
Practical range 2000/9800

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64832.gif
Views:	28
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	793740  
Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2007, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Four Stroke on the Market

They had them on a stand at the Beijing Expo earlier this month. Good looking engines with an appearance of a good quality of finish. I'm yet to see one running though.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

....they need someone to get those carbs on the engines correctly.

(the airplane engines)

FBD.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:13 PM

Yes, I noticed he Two stroke had the carb on backwards. Looks like they could get a modeler to take the picture or to at least set the engine up for the picture?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:34 PM
My Feedback: (24)

11 months behind schedule on releasing the FS.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:37 PM

I bet they will have it at Toledo this next April?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:15 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Right now the 4-stroke market in the United States is divided into three categories:

1) Magnum XL RFS
2) Thunder Tiger FXX-s
3) Really expensive

A little extra variety at the cost-sensitive end of the market would be nice.

I still haven't heard a lot about the JBA 2-strokes yet. KangkeUSA is supposed to be carrying the 4-strokes once they're available, though.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:40 PM

Well, it's not a surprise the chinese are copying the designs from YS, since they have been busy doing it for just about every product in the market (and we're not talking only rc products...).
It would be interesting to get some information about the quality of the product.

Al
Old 10-30-2007, 11:48 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is a direct copy of the YS, you will not see them in the US or any other country where a patent will be enforced. YS has a patent on their supercharged fuel injected engines.

I wouldn't buy one strictly because it is a copy. Used YS can be found at reasonable prices also.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:39 AM
My Feedback: (264)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, nothing new here. Chinese either have no respect for, or just plain don't understand the concept of intellectual property. Do they copy products because they are not capable of an original idea for a model engine design of their own?
No kidding here, how are the chinese going to send a man to the moon if they cannot make a copy of the only space vehicle to have made this journey? I can't wait to see what they come up with for a vehicle, although I don't wish failure on them either.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

Not true. The Chinese and Taiwanese have been copying Japanese engines for years with impunity. The original Thunder Tigers and Magnums were exact copies of OS and the parts were interchangable. Most of the Chinese clones today are copies of OS and most parts are interchangable. They have been importing these OS copies since the middle 80's with no enforcement of patent laws of any kind. They won't start with these YS clones.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 PM

When all the "original" engine companies with their design departments flounder, who will they copy from? The price of a YS at least factors in the cost of the design effort, as should any legitimately conceived product. Having said that, we could argue they are just toys...
Old 10-31-2007, 05:58 PM

usna71, You may wish to get your facts right about Thunder Tiger engines. The design engineer left OS taking his knowledge with him and started a new line of engines - Thunder Tiger. So, who is copying who? Put simply, OS are way overpriced.

Hehehehe
Old 10-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned

Oh Jazzy, I HAVE my facts correct. The original Thunder Tiger Engines were made in Taiwan for Hobby Shack in the very early 80's. They were lousy engines. The 1985 catalog has them as the 40 and 45 FSR ABC. Sound familiar? They sold for about 60 bucks.They were so lousy in fact, Paul Bender, the owner of Hobby Shack, and John Greenshields, his engine man, went to Taiwan and worked with the TT people and came up with the new Magnum line. They were made by the same TT people for H Shack. The very first were the GP series which were an exact copy of the OS FP series. About the only difference was a "G" instead of the "F". Not a bad engine but not OS. The next series were the Pro's which were exact copies of the OS FSR series. They were called FSR's too. Talk about your copying. This was about 1987 or so. The next Magnum series were the copies of the OS SF's with the one piece crankcases. TT also made the Royal line of engines which were identical to the Magnums as they were made on the same assembly line. KAZ Minahara is the guy you are thinking of that went from OS to TT and it was after the original Thunder Tigers and Magnums. In the early 90's Bender and TT had a falling out and TT quit making engines for Hobby Shack so Bender went to Mainland China and found another manufacturer to make Magnum engines. Same company that made ASP. Thunder Tiger now made the original Magnums under the Thunder Tiger brand name. Paul Bender and his wife Sally are friends of mine as is Jerry Toppel who was Royal's West Coast rep when Royal was still in business. I knew many of the people that worked for Hobby Shack and Royal in the 80's.

You can tell when TT stopped making Magnum engines by the cases. The Early Magnums and T Tigers say made in Taiwan on them and the current Magnums say made in China and the TT's still say made in Taiwan.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:24 PM
My Feedback: (21)

I fly with John Greenshields at El Mirage.

I always found it hard to believe the Guy from OS went to Taiwan and
made those pieces of junk Thunder Tigers. [:@]

FBD.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 AM
My Feedback: (24)

laughbud reincarnated??
Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 PM
My Feedback: (35)

I purchased an unused older (early 80's) TT .15 made in Tiawan. Boy did that thing ever suck big time. It was really crude and had an aweful carb.

To get back on the topic, I would purchase one of these if the price was right and it wasn't total crap. I don't much care if it's a knock off.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kmot

laughbud reincarnated??
That's exactly what I was thinking...
Old 11-02-2007, 05:26 PM

usna71,
Well now, that sure was interesting! Very informative! So, who is copying who? Many people do not have the background knowledge you seem to posses so your qualifier, "original", creates a misleading statement. I fell victim to the statement because I simply can't stand bashers and I guess I don't have all of that detailed background info. Once again, who is copying who? Say you and I were to share our knowledge, build a product and sell it but have a business splitting disagreement. The patent remains with the owner of the original business. Who is to stop the other from taking his knowledge and making a similar product? What laws are being broken? How close is too close to be considered illegal? If nothing about the new product is exactly the same as the first series how is it a copy?

Free enterprise is what keeps markets competitive in both price and product not to mention availability. While I do not condone copywright or patent infringement, what is being done is actually part of economic check and balance. The US used to be one of, if not the largest, steel producers in the world. Not really so anymore. Our economic market is moving towards highend technology. Why? Because someone else can produce steel cheaper than we can. US companies farm work out to cheaper labor to save money because someone will do it for less. (Unfortunately, quality usually suffers... ) Changes in market structure are natural and show a progression in global intelligence and intellectual capability. Unless the "big guy" can change with the market and adapt by offering an even better product at a competitive price, he will diminish.
I am not sorry OS engines do not have the monopoly the once may have had. While they can offer things some other brands can't, the fact remains those two letters are becoming just that - letters.
I happen to have a TT .40 GP from the late eighties or early nineties. It is REALLY strong for its size. Yep, it runs like the OS FP series.
Regarding these new engines... It is about time someone else started making supercharged engines. I'd be happy to try one! Right now I've got more engines than planes, boats, & airboats combined so an engine purchase at this point would not be the most prudent move...!
Old 11-03-2007, 01:48 PM

Kangke says they still dont know when they can offer those JBA 4 strokes.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:05 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: foresterxt

I purchased an unused older (early 80's) TT .15 made in Tiawan. Boy did that thing ever suck big time. It was really crude and had an aweful carb.

To get back on the topic, I would purchase one of these if the price was right and it wasn't total crap. I don't much care if it's a knock off.

i also had one of those: loop scavenged with iron piston/sleeve. once broken in it ran great and is still running great to this day....but then i use all castor in my fuel

dave