Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

cold fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 10:32 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold fuel

was playing around the other day with puting the fuel tank in ice and seeing what would it do for the eng,(something like a cool can that was used yrs back in race cars) took rpm reading befor at 12200 with ice bath 13100 now heres the ?????????? is there a cold can made for r/c and where would you put it, something to think about
Old 07-17-2003, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold fuel

Hi,

Interesting.

However, while its true that cold fuel and, more importantly, cold air is denser and therefore more mass of charge for a given volume gets into the cylinder, thereby producing more power, its surprising just cold fuel made the difference in the revs you mentioned.

I suspect its more likely that the denser fuel made the mixture a little richer, which might explain the extra power, as it might have been a little too lean, which, of course, could have been achieved by richening the mixture in the normal way.

Nevertheless . . . Interesting!

-David C.