Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Glow plug life span ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow plug life span ?

I've only had my first nitro truck (ofna dominator) for a few weeks, and have never had any other nitro cars. But I'm curious about the life span of glow plugs, my first couple of plugs were "OS - A3" and I ran 10% nitro, each plug lasted for about 3 litres of fuel. Then I went up to 15% nitro and tried the "OS - #8" plug but it only lasted for 1 litre of fuel !
What's the best fuel/plug combination I should use ?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:08 AM
My Feedback: (62)

Your questions may be better answered in one of the car forums, but I'll take a poke at it.
How long a plug lasts is dependant on lots of things. Hi nitro which isn't your situation cuts the life of a plug, along with hi rpm and heat. What exactly are your plugs doing? Do they not work at all? What do the elements look like? What plug does your engine manual call for? Let me know. By the way, what season are you in, and what are the temps where you are_bob
Old 07-24-2003, 01:09 AM

Well today (Thursday, 11.30am) it's winter, 11C and drizzling

But finding a long lasting plug in a car application can be a bit of trial and error. It also assumes there hasn't been a lean run that can kill even the best of plugs. I'd suggest trying the Enya range of plugs or maybe even the Aussie made Taipans. Model Flight near LeCornu's will certainly be able to help you.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:33 AM

Default .

Thanks guys, I'll try the different brand plugs, and will run the engine a little richer and see how I go.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................