Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

RF Synthesizer andupgrade for Royal Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RF Synthesizer andupgrade for Royal Evo 9

Dear Mike:
I am in a bind here and would like your advise

I purchased an Evo 7 and and Evo 9 from hobbyhorse in 2007
Radios worked fine until 2009when I took a break from RC.

Last week I charged the radios and was setting up things in my new models. when I ran into a couple of problems:

1. RF Module:
I can't change the channel in the RF synthesized module, I when through the instruccions (keeping the L keydown while turning the radio on).
I swapped the module between the evo 9 and the 7 .... (originally on the Evo 9) and it's stuck in ch 49 on the 9 and ch 11 onthe evo 7 which has the regular board.

2. Starting without RF on.. Both radios have the same problem when I push L and turn it on.. the screen stays on the multiplex splash screen and then starts transmitting...it's supposed to start without RF on....
This happens on both radios wether with the rf module or a fixed crystal

Other than that the radios operate normally on the programming... etc

3. When I purchased the radios multiplex whas testing and was supposed to deliver a 2.4 ghz board soon. I understand that Multiplex decided not to pursue this route and dropped the development of the 2.4 Ghz unit. Therefore the updates that are available in Europe are not available in the US..... the problem is that I am not in the US .. I live in Ecuador..
So which upgrades are available to me, and how can I get a 2.4 Ghz???

Thanks in advance
Old 01-31-2011, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RF Synthesizer andupgrade for Royal Evo 9

I can't change the channel in the RF synthesized module, I when through the instruccions (keeping the L keydown while turning the radio on).
Wrong key. Press/hold the wrench key (ABC1) then adjust to the proper channel with the digi adjust knob.

When I purchased the radios multiplex whas testing and was supposed to deliver a 2.4 ghz board soon. I understand that Multiplex decided not to pursue this route and dropped the development of the 2.4 Ghz unit. Therefore the updates that are available in Europe are not available in the US..... the problem is that I am not in the US .. I live in Ecuador..
So which upgrades are available to me, and how can I get a 2.4 Ghz???
Multiplex has a 2.4 module system but it was not FCC certified so it's not available here in the states. Many people have used the Hitec 2.4 module/receiver combo and the instructions on rcgroups to modify the system to work in the Royal Evo. The last firmware update that was available here is v2.63. Anything past that and you will only be able to use the m-link (Multiplex's 2.4 system) in the radio.