Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec DIGITAL HS5945MG/ .50 nitro helicopter application?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:23 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec DIGITAL HS5945MG/ .50 nitro helicopter application?

Mike, I have just gotten back my Hitec HS5945MG sevo which was repaired under warranty for the second time. I have two questions:

1. I have left ground based RC behind for good. I am now working on a Kyosho 46VR nitro helicopter with OS ringed .50 engine. Does the HS5945MG have a place on this bird which it will do me proud? I.E. corrrect application for THIS servo, hopefully giving AWESOME performace that will also allow it to last a LONG time? (at least 2 years!)

2. I thought when I send in the 5945 this last time I asked for a entirelly new unit, NOT a repaired one, again. My reason is this:
A. Since this servo has allready been repaired twice, And burned up with smoke coming from it last time, it smells like dead electronics.
B. If my new and ONLY RC toy doesnt have a use for a 5945 which will allow the unit to excell, I intend to sell it. In selling it I want to advertise it as "brand new".

Since it smells like a dead servo, and the case is easily identifiable as used, this wouldnt serve my Ebay feedback well at all, even if I included the repair tickets. I think it just looks like I am trying to pawn off a "LEMON" servo. What do I need to do to send in this repared unit for a "brand new servo (in the box)" reguardless if I plan to keep it or not?

Thanks for the help Mike, Todd.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:07 PM
My Feedback: (1)

The 5945's would make an excellent choice for that Heli.

As for the repair... it is at Hitec's discretion to either repair or replace any defective items.

Mike.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:06 PM

I think sending back the same repaired servo to me for the second time was a bad choice in my opinion, given it literally "stinks" (no pun intended). I guess at some point Hitec also might have to decide that a "certain" customers servo has become a liability, so cutting costs to the maximum is decided to be the most economical was of dealing with the particular problematic "servo", when it continually returns for service rather than issue the proper replacement. I also noticed upon its return this last time, it had a "bar code sticker" on the bottom of the servo case. Is this Hitecs way of documenting a certain servos repair history?
Old 08-13-2003, 10:08 PM

Our service department only shows one repair for you. Did you send it in under another name before? The bar code is something new to help us check the servos into the system for repair. Again... it is up to the service department if a product is to be repaired or replaced.

Mike.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:12 PM

No, I have had the 5945 in for repair twice along with a 5735 before, all under my name, but a different address.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:25 PM

That must be why it didn't show up. Sorry! It should work fine now though.

Mike.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:32 PM

Allrighty, Ill give it a shot.