Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Mike - Hitec 5975 application question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 01:18 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mike - Hitec 5975 application question

Mike,
Going to be getting started on a 35% Extra soon, starting to assemble all the 'fiddly bits'. I'm really interested in using a total of 4 5975's on my ailerons (2 per aileron).

Assuming no loctite and using 10mm servo set screws, will the 5975's be a good choice for the application? Was originally planning on using 4 5945's, but I like the idea of the Karbonite gears.... we seem to be replacing gearsets on ailerons more than anything else, we're assuming due to vibration/wear, and it would seem the Karbonite gears may be just what the doctor ordered.

I keep thinking "No, just go with the 5945's, you KNOW that they're more than adequate for the task"..... then I re-read the 5975's spec's.... and consider that a friend of mine is beating the heck out of a 35% CAP with only ONE JR 4721 servo per aileron - coreless servo with nylon gears.

Appreciate any input/advice you have to offer - Thanks!!

Barry

Oh, BTW, my friends and I are running dozens of Hitec servos - everything from 605's and 615's up to an assortment of your digitals..... with the exception of "crash damage" we've never had a single problem..... hope that trend continues!!
Old 09-30-2003, 01:20 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mike - Hitec 5975 application question

While the Karbonite gears are still very new and we have seen some strip on single servo applications, we feel that the larger applications with multiple servos per surface will spread the load out making it easier on the servo gears.

However, there is something to be said for the 5945's as they are completely proven in that application.

Mike