Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

225BB Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 10:42 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 225BB Problems

Hello Mike,

Recently I have experienced aileron servo failures on my 28 sized plane. One aileron servo in the wing (traditional mount). after a couple of flights, aileron went hard over to full deflection and would not recenter properly.....crashed.....checked servo operation in the pits after a cool down period and it worked but was bouncy at full deflection to the right.......aileron bounced up and down....... then after a few more activations it quit again.

Replaced the servo, flew one flight and the same thing happened again........replaced the receiver (555) and it still bounced around and would not center......even stripped the gears....uggggg.

Had already sent my first 555 to you for repair (you've got it today I think) but I no longer think it is the problem. Changed transmitters.......same problem exists.

Are the 225BB's sensitive to loads? Seems to have wiped out two servos in as many days.

Packing up the servos and sending them your way.

Thanks for the help Mike

Rick Hannah
St. Joseph, Michigan
Old 07-19-2002, 04:06 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default 225BB Problems

Rick- The 225 are a very hearty servo. The only weakness would be the geartrain since it is a mini size servo with higher than standard torque so sometimes people will use them in applications where they are not really suited. Your application should have been fine.

Mike.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:41 PM

Default I also have servo problem with 555 rcx....

Mike, I have a .25 size plane and I setup the ailerons with a 225MG. Almost hooked up the linkages but thought I would check servo centering first. Good thing I didn't. When turning on the switch to the 555 rcx, the servo jumps straight to the end stops before centering. That would have ripped the ailerons and hinges right off this little plane. Problem happens every time you switch on, tx already on of course.Tried a 425BB servo, same thing. Tried another 555, same thing. Put in a JR610 rcx, no problem. Tried a JR649 rcx, no problem. Whats the problem with the 555 rcx's. One of these is brand new. Is the supreme like this too? Maybe Rick's problem is related, I'm surprised I didn't damage the servo somehow.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:51 PM

Default 225BB Problems

I have never heard of such a problem. The servos may twitch slightly when the power is turned on but not do what you described.

Mike.