Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Cyrstals

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyrstals

Hey Guys, I know this question has been asked a hundred times but I can't seem to get a straight answer(one for a layman) that explains the difference between a dual conversion crystal and a single conversion. I am also in the dark about a high range crystal and a low range. Sorry to bother you but can someone give me the straight poop without all the tecknics.

They call me Crash Armstrong at the field.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:32 PM

Default RE: Cyrstals

A dual conversion receiver had a second stage of filters in it to filter the signal. This means you would have a cleaner signal with less chance of interference.

The high band/ low band is something that Futaba uses to designate how their receivers are tuned. Low band would mean the receiver is tuned for channels 11-34 and high band is tuned for channels 35-60. This does not apply to Hitec receivers as our receivers are center tuned so you can use any channel crystal in the receiver.
Old 12-30-2004, 06:59 PM

Default RE: Cyrstals

Thanks Brendan: I think I finally got it. Even most of the guys in our club don't seem to know the answers or if they do, they won't tell. Thanks again!